The power (severus snape)

Chapter 7

After a dreamless night I woke up suddenly to find that it was in between 5 and 6 in the morning. Even though it was still very dark outside I decided to stay awake. I took this time to pick out what I would wear for the day, and what I would do with my hair and face. Since it was my first day I wanted to make a good impression and since I had apparently already made a bad one with Severus I at least wanted to make a good one on the others here. I stood at my closet for what seemed like forever until I finally picked out a simple black off the shoulder long sleeved form fitting dress that I could match with a pair of black fringe ankle boots. After finding out what I was going to wear for the day I went to the bath room to fix my hair and make up. Instead of having my white hair straight like it normally was I decided to curl it but only a little and poof it at the top. After fixing my hair I just stared at the mirror. I never really needed make up before having a really pale complexion and big bright blue eyes I looked good any time, but today I wanted a change even if it was minor. I put on a little foundation and put on a thin layer of eyeliner and mascara. I looked better than I ever have before. By now it was time for breakfast and even though I didn't want to go I knew I had to and what better time than the present. I walk out my door to find Severus' closed but I heard some sounds from within. Instead of snooping like I planned on doing I closed my door and walked down the stairs and as soon as I got about half way down severus came out. I'm glad I decided against it I thought as I smiled to myself. "rather chipper this morning aren't we miss Ariella" Severus said to me with a cold expression. I give a quick nod and continue down the stairs but I couldn't help but the feeling that he was staring straight at me. I could feel my face start to turn hot, I quickly leave the situation and basically jog to the great hall. When I finally get there I see that most of the students are already there and much to busy with their friends to even look up as I walked into the room. I let out a sigh of relief. I sit down at the table I had sat at the night before with I guessed was the slytherin table since everyone had a little snake on their robes. Professors were passing out times tables. First day of classes was going to be interesting, I got to be with 5th years gryffindor and slytherin. The bell rang signaling students it was time for class, everyone left in a hurry but I didn't. I slowly walked to the dungeons to where Severus' classroom was. Note to self if the class is in a place called the dungeons it can't be good. The bell rang just as I was about to walk in, not thinking anything about it I slowly walk into the class room to find him already talking. Wow this guy is on time.. "miss Ariella why are you late to my class" he asks very annoyed. "I don't know?" I say I really couldn't think of a good excuse to why I was late. I didnt think it really mattered as long as I passed my classes I didn't see why I had to be there exactly on time. "detention tonight at 7." great my first day and he's already pissed me off. I take my seat in the back of the class and since there is an odd number of students I get to sit alone. Classes went by uneventful that day. I made fairly simple potions and I took note on which students Severus picked on the most a boy named longbottom I believe was unfortunate enough to be picked on the most. I felt sorry for him he looked scared out of his mind every time snape came near him. I could tell Severus wanted to critic my work but knowing I did everything he asked perfectly he couldn't which seemed to piss him off more. Instead he only glared and scowled at me throughout the day and mentioned my detention regularly as if to embarrass me. If every day was going to be like this. I could see me and him spending a lot of time together in detentions.