The power (severus snape)

Chapter 9

That night I didn't sleep very well because every time I closed my eyes I would dream an awful dream. Not every time was the same though, but still had the same concept. The last and the longest was the worst. I was in the forest, dirty, I had been running for what seemed like an eternity. I could hear them, the death eaters. Just an hour ago I had told the dark lord I wouldn't become like them. Even though I didn't care what side won I didn't want to be involved. Needless to say he didn't take it well at all. I used my power to vanish from the room to the outskirts of the forest. Even though I had a head start on all of them they caught up quick. I ran and ran using everything I could to hide myself from them. I wasn't afraid of dying but I sure as hell didn't want to just yet. Bellatrix being the "most faithful" was the first to run after me. I could hear the awful woman a mile away. She was the loudest and probably the fastest, and dare I say it she took it worse than the dark lord himself. But the one I couldn't believe was after me was Severus. Even though I'm pretty sure he hated me, he was still my professor, he was suppose to look after me and protect me, but here he was after me trying to curse and hex me just like the rest of them. Finally I found a cave that low and covered well with a thick, dark moss. I quickly crawled into the tight cave trying to hide the very best I could. I saw them pass all of them except Severus. He walked slowly right by me and for a split second I thought I was in the clear. He came back swiftly, he looked straight into the cave, I had been caught. He pulled me out and as much as I tried my powers failed me. I couldn't explain it and that's what scared me the most, well up until I looked into severus' eyes. The normal and some what comforting cold eyes were replaced with dark and deadly ones. Then he smiled, an awful evil smile, he dropped me and the other quickly came and surrounded me. I tried once again to use my power to fly, shield myself, disappear, some thing but nothing happened. The last thing I heard was a loud "avada kedavra" I didn't know what that meant until my dream went from the scene to darkness. The killing curse. I woke up covered in sweat and shaking. He killed me. Severus snape was the one that killed me. I looked out side to see the lake and the moon shinning off it. It was Saturday but I stayed awake after that afraid to dream again. It was about 5 in the morning now I dressed in a plain black dress and plain black flats. As for my hair and make up. I brushed my hair and left the make up alone for the day. I walked out of my room not knowing what I was going to do until everyone woke up. I walked out of my room closing my door quietly, I looked at Severus' door. I knew I shouldn't and if he ever found out I would for sure be dead but I went for it anyway. I opened his door quickly and quietly. I don't know what I was doing or why I was in here but I felt like I had to. That's when I saw him. He was sleeping. He didnt look anything like he did when he was in class. He looked peaceful, and the with out a doubt best he's ever looked. I stood there staring at him for about 5 minutes just smiling to myself, until he moved. I freaked and ran to the door and closed it probably a little to loud because I could hear him moving afterwards. I didn't regret going in there however, but I wasn't about to again. Instead I walked to the great hall slowly. Maybe today wouldn't be such a bad day.