Chapter Four

Rebecca tossed and turned all night. She didn't fall asleep until it was nearly dawn and then her dreams were full of passion, love and Charles's strong hands touching her the way she had never allowed any other man to touch her.

Charles had slept peacefully that night for the first time in longer then he could remember. He dreamed of his family. He dreamed of Rebecca. He dreamed of her welcoming him into her loving arms. He dreamed of him simply allowing her love to wash over him and letting his love wash over her at the same time. God he was a fool to ever believe he didn't need her. To hell with love making someone weak. Having that beautiful woman in his arms was worth any price.

He was awoken by the sound of a door slamming and his granddaughter Kaylee's angry shouts.

"He only does this to piss me off!" she screamed.

"He loves you, Kaylee. He worries about you." Raquel said back her voice sounding tired and exasperated.

"He doesn't love me! If he loved me he would let me wear whatever I wanted!"

"I don't care how pissed off you are, Kaylee! You are not wearing pants that tight or a shirt that shows off your damn belly button! You are only fourteen!" Evans voice entered the conversation.

"Aunt Bethany helped me pick this outfit out at the store." Kaylee said.

"Your Aunt Bethany doesn't believe in buying any outfit that uses more than one yard of fabric! She is not who you need to be modeling your wardrobe after." Evan said.

"How in the hell did I get brought into this conversation?" Bethany shouted angrily. "The girl looks fine, Evan! Let her wear what she wants"

"Stay the hell out of this, Bethany." Evan shouted back.

"See dad she thinks I look fine!" Kaylee argued.

"Yea and she also thinks the playboy bunnies dress like nuns!" he shot back. Charles rubbed his face and walked over to the door. He glanced out in the hall and saw everyone standing down at the end of the hall in their heated argument.

"Change your clothes, Kaylee." Raquel said. Kaylee screeched loudly.

"I hate this! I can't wait til I turn 18 and then I can dress however I want!" she said stomping her foot. Just then Jake came bursting out of his room in nothing but a pair of sweatpants. His hair was a mess and he was scratching his head sleepily.

"Is there a reason that I have to be woken up by you all fucking screaming every morning!" he demanded. Angela walked out behind him though she was dressed and wide awake.

"Jake, this doesn't concern you...." Raquel started.

"The hell it doesn't! It concerns me when it wakes me up every damn morning! If we're not arguing over pink sweaters then it's a holey pair of blue jeans or the perfect t-shirt! I can remember a day when a woman had one damn dress that she wore everyday and half the time it was made out of a damn potato sack! This is ridiculous!" he said. Angela laid her hand on his shoulder.

"You're showing your age, my love." she said trying to hold back her smile. Jake rubbed his hands over his face and then looked down at her.

"Laney, better not ever act like that." he said pointing to Kaylee who was storming back up to the stairs to the third floor where her room was.

"Oh yea you're such a better parent than we are!" Raquel said as she too stormed past Jake and went down toward the living room with Evan on her heels.

"I didn't mean it like that." Jake said. Bethany patted him on the shoulder.

"Least now they aren't worried about my slutty clothes." she said and then walked on down the stairs.