My First Period Story

On the FIRST day. Yes, you heard me, first day. Anyways, it was the first day of sixth grade (I am a year younger than everybody in my grade so age wise I was in fifth grade, I was only 10) and I was in a dress, black, thank goodness. So, in first hour I had to go pee, so I went to the bathroom and saw a bit of a brownish stain on my undies. I assumed that since it was such a dark brown it was a stain from spotting that had never washed out (yes, I had spotting back then.) So I was like, whatever, and finished up my business and went back to class. So three hours later it was gym class, and I had just finished off my friends water bottle (without her knowing) and had to go to the bathroom because of it. So I asked and she said yes, as I was doing my business I saw that I had a small spot of bright red on my undies. Since the spot was so small I dismissed it as spotting, and since I didn't have a liner with me, I just used some of the schools rubbish toilet paper and wrapped two sheets of it up and put it in my undies. 

      So let's fast forward to seventh hour, science class, I had already removed the toilet paper because it was uncomfortable and since I was in a dress I figured it was no biggie. I couldn't wait for this school day to be over because after school my friends, me, the entire art club, and part of the orchestra were going to have a first day of school party at someone's house. Anyways, I was on the edge of my plastic, uncomfortable seat and couldn't wait. I got an awful pang in my lower stomach, sure I knew what cramps were, but at the time I wasn't thinking logically and simply thought I had a stomach ache from too much cheese at lunch. I suddenly got the weirdest feeling like I was peeing, except I couldn't stop it. A few seconds later the feeling went away. I shrugged and dismissed it as nothing important. Wrong. So wrong. By the time the bell had rang announcing the end of the first day of school, I had gotten the peeing sensation three more times. When I stood up to collect my books I saw a red puddle had gathered in the bottom of my chair. From there on out I made several mistakes. 

    The first mistake was not telling my teacher, Mrs. Cole. She was a very nice and understanding lady, but I didn't care! I ran out of the room as quick as possible and- FREEZE. Right here was the biggest mistake I made. Instead of asking someone for a pad, or even using toilet paper, I did nothing. I somehow managed to convince myself that it was a trick of the mind and it would all go away. Later on at the party I was on the trampoline with my friends who we will call.... Macy, Casy, and Bob. I was jumping so high I felt untouchable. I had forgotten all about the "incident" from earlier. I was going so high my dress came up on the way down, and showed my undies. But I didn't care, Macy, Casy, and Bob were my closest friends so it wasn't awkward. Suddenly Bob gasped and turned red as a tomato. I of course asked him what was wrong and he pulled me real close and whispered these words in my ear:

"I think you got your period."

    That isn't even the worst part. If it wasn't bad enough that unlike my other friends he was a guy and had pointed it out, just then I felt the peeing sensation and then.... I felt something run down my leg. Immediately everyone noticed I had blood running down my leg and started shouting and pointing. Eventually all that shouting and pointing actually did something and got an adult's attention. She gave me a pad (which I already knew how to use) and I got myself cleaned up. I really wanted to stay, so I didn't call home. After I got out of the bathroom things were a lot more awkward and quiet at the party. After I told my mom what happened when she picked me up at the end of the party it was silent the entire drive home.