Chapter Twenty

Bailey's POV

I sit down at my newly discovered lunch table and smiled.

"What's got you so happy?" One of my new friends Sara asks me.

"I just signed up for flag football! I can finally distract myself."

"Well that's great!" She takes a bite of he turkey sandwich and with a full mouth she points at my plate with a salad on it and says, "is that all you're going to eat?"

"Yeah? It's only ten AM you know? I'm not hungry right now. You should see what I'm going to eat when I get home."

She rolls her eyes, "Whatever. So when is your first practice?"

"Tonight," I practically squeal in my seat.

+++

Classes are moving at snail pace today. Practice is at three o'clock, and it's only noon. As I'm walking to my locker to get my things for next period Kyle walks up to me.

"You are not doing flag football." He spits at me.

"Says who? I can do whatever sport I want! Besides, could use the distraction. You were there when I had that fight with Jordan."

"Oh yeah," he chortles, "that chick fight was hilarious."

"Hilarious? Hilarious? I can't believe I ever liked you! You are just like every other teenage boy! You're an arrogant jerk! It wasn't hilarious to realize my best friend is moving! It wasn't hilarious to me when I thought about trying to become friends with you again! It wasn't hilarious when my best friend practically stole my boyfriend! If you think those things hilarious you are a shallow jerk who I don't want to waste my time on. Goodbye Kyle."

"Bailey I-"

"Don't. Don't even try. I am so done with you. I'm done with trying to repair things. I'm done trying to do to my best friend what she did to me. So go, just leave." Leaving it at that, I walk away.

But you love him.

Well then I guess I have a lot to work on don't I?

++End of Chapter Twenty++

Hello my dear readers. Again I'm late, you get it. I'm just bad at remembering to do it and motivation and stuff. But I'm actually mildly proud of this chapter. Yeah it's short but when is it not? Anyhow, I hoped you enjoyed! As always don't forget to vote, comment, and share!

XOXO
-TrisRose235