Chapter Thirty (30)

Chapter Thirty:

"How about this?" I asked Keith, stepping out the dressing room with a purple wrap top and skinny jeans with furry winter boots. I twirled around so he could get a look on all angles. His facial expression was stone.

"It looks horrible." Then he grinned, "But I saw some clothes on the Clearance section you might like."

I rolled my eyes, "You're just saying that because your paying. I don't know why you won't relax, I'm only choosing one outfit."

"The shirt you picked out is seventy-five dollars!"

"Oh pish posh, stop being such a worry wart. You're so cheap." I stepped back into the dressing to take off my clothing and replace it with the clothes I'd originally come in with. I didn't care how much Keith freaked out I was choosing this. At first it was just supposed to Olivia, Catherine, and Keith but then Catherine dragged me along---literally dragged me--and stuffed me inside the automobile.

Olivia wasn't happy, in fact when I came in the car she scrunched up her nose and turned her head in the other direction for the rest of the ride. While there Catherine forced Keith (she seems to always get her way) to pay for clothes for all three of us but Olivia refused. She didn't want her ex paying for anything of hers.

So at the moment they were at the other side of the store browsing. "You know," I said once out the dressing room, clothes in tow, "You should be happy I'm not Catherine. She's picking out five outfits."

Uninvited, Keith snaked his arm around my waist and walked in step with me. I didn't protest, I just glared at his intruding arm which seemed at home around me. "That's where you're wrong; at the register she's picking one. No matter how bad her threats will be." I'm pretty sure Keith saw me staring at his arm, he just chose to ignore it.

"We're finished!" Catherine said running up to us when we were in eyesight. Olivia followed close behind her but her eyes were zeroed in around my waist. I was pretty sure if I retract myself Olivia's sudden heat vision would come out and chop me in little tiny pieces or if she was in a good mood she might just throw me out the window from the fifth floor which we were on.

I looked away from her and turned my attention to the stack of clothes on Cat's arms. I slightly raised my eyebrows and she winked at me. "Pick your favorite one." Keith said simply. Cat's happy expression dropped and she scrunched up her eyebrows in confusion.

"What do you mean 'pick your favorite outfit.'?" she glowered.

"I'm not made of money Catherine. Pick one outfit and we're leaving. Better yet, you can leave all of them."

"I'm not leaving any of them. I have occasions for all of this." 

Olivia looked amused. She wasn't the only one, I was enjoying this little argument.

"Catherine. I told you I don't have mon---"