A NIGHT UNDER THE STARS

At the Dance Floor:

Everett and Rose:

"Wow! This is beautiful..." Rose squeaked in excitement as she saw the dance floor being set up at one side of the huge playground of the school. There wasn't any roof, so you could see the sky if you look up.

"But ain't as beautiful as you are..." Everett whispered in her ears.

"Huh? Oh!" Rose blushed to bit red as she understood what he meant. She couldn't help but mentally thank her best friend for what she has done; though she still feels that the process she adapted was unfair.

A song called 'Cheerleader' was being played and some people were already dancing to it's beats.

"All I think that I found myself a..." Rose started to sing with the song.

"You like the song?" Everett asked eagerly.

"Well... I have playing this song non stop in last few days... too good, actually..." Rose explained.

"Really? Me too..." He replied, and both giggled like first grade students who realised that they are writing on the same side of the notebook.

"So, shall we dance?" Everett asked Rose.

"I can't dance well..." Rose replied shyly.

"Well, I am not much of a dancer too..." Everett said.

Rose smiled and took his hand in her.

Everett smiled and placed her other hand on his shoulder and wrapped his free hand lightly around her waist.

The track changed to a slower 'Somebody's me', which helped them to pick up the pace.

'Somebody wants you...'

"Rosalie?"

'Somebody needs you...'

"Yes?"

'Somebody dreams about you every single night...'

"I love you... since the first day I saw you... the day in fifth grade when you offered me your pencil in the spanish class... I knew it was you..." Everett barely raised his voice above whisper but Rose was already in cloud nine.

Her first and only crush is confessing his love for her; is this dream? No, this seems real...

"So, Rosalie..." Her name sounds like a music in his lips...

"I. Love. You. I want you to be my girlfriend, will you?" Everett said in an urgent tone which quickened her heartbeat like crazy, making her wonder if this is the symptom of a heart attack.

All she could was to nod fervently, clearly showing how badly she needs him to be his boyfriend.

"I love you too..." Rose said dreamily.

'Somebody's me...'

His lips were so close to her, that they could feel each other's breath on their lips.
Rose bit her lip and Everett stared at her doing so. In a nanosecond, his lips touched her and he curled his lips to get a hold of her lower lip...

'Ladies and gentlemen, hope you're enjoying the evening. This is the most important day of your high school. So enjoy it to the fullest. Thank you.' Someone announced making them startled, thus breaking off their kiss.

Everett visibly pouted and Rose giggled at his childish expression.

He dragged her towards a corner of the floor where there wasn't anyone.