The little things

The porch shifted and groaned wen we stepped onto it. I looked down scared out of my wits that this thing would collapse.

  I looked over at greenie and watched him with wide eyes as he ignored the sounds. He stopped in front of the door and did that stiffening thing again before the dark haired male with bright eyes opened the door.

I took note that there were dark brown specks in his eyes and a red and black streak in his hair.

"Ah yes, Shizukana, you're here. Are you hungry?"
I was on edge looking around for bitch mgee and was taken aback by the question.
"Uh yeah sure, I can eat."
He smiled and nodded before looking to greenie and doing the stiffening thing.

Greenie nodded and shifted into the Black and Tan wolf with green eyes and biohazard marking on his flank, before running off to the little camp.

"Follow me" I hear him say as he walks into what looks like a hallway.
I quickly scamper after him as he quickly disappears around a corner. I turn the corner and jog to catch up to him.
"So um.." I start and trail off as I notice the stiffening thing.
As we get closer to stairs he relaxes and says, "I'm Jack, the next beta in line. You are about to meet the Beta and Alpha. You have already met my mate Dusk. She's the next Alpha."

That made sense. She had a huge amount of authority to her stature.

I nodded before he continued.
"You are to treat the Alpha and his Beta with the utmost respect. You also should watch your tongue around Dusk.

I snort and laugh.
"She has no power over me, the alpha and beta is who I should be worried about."

Jack stops dead in his tracks and looks at me.
"The Alpha is retiring extremely soon. She almost has as much power as he does." His eyes flash. "And don't forget mutt. She is my mate."

I nod and duck my head like a scolded puppy.
I noted not to get on Jack's bad side.

Jack stopped before he stepped in the first stair. "This is where I leave you. Just keep walking down and the Beta will escort you to the Alphas."
Nodding I walk down the stairs cautiously and before I take one step on the floor beneath the door slams from above.
Unnerved I keep walking.
It's pitch black the moment my two feet are on the floor.

"Shit."
I walk a bit forward and bump into a warm body.
"Uh..."
Before I can finish my sentence I get yanked forward and we quickly walk through unknown and unseen passages.

I hear a door knob click and I am thrown into a bright room with two wolves sitting on the floor.

One of the wolves is blondie or Jack's mate, Dusk but with a more powerful aura surrounding her.

The other is a large brown wolf obviously related to Dusk.
He has a dark red flame symbol on both his eyes. A dark red horizontal line in the middle of his back splitting into two curving lines on both sides. His paws and underbelly look like they are being eaten away by the red flames and his tail has a hollow straight arrow pointing to his flank.

I look back to see that the beta has shut the door and probably walked up the stairs by now.

So much for meeting the beta.