XI

"This is it?"

Wolfe pulls up to my apartment and looks back at me. "Yep. This would be the place. Just give me one second, I'll be right back."

He nods and I hop out of the backseat. It isn't until I'm unlocking the door, that I realize I'm not alone.

"Um, you don't have to come in, I'll just be a sec."

Amy shrugs. "I just wanted to see your dog."

I laugh, and then open the door. "Fine by me."

Pluto comes racing to meet me, and catapults into me. The seventy pound dog literally jumps into my arms.

"Woah!"

I grin, and Pluto turns her head to lick Amy's face.

I smile as she squeals happily and rubs Pluto's head. "He's so cute!"

"She," I correct.

I put Pluto down, and immediately my dog runs to the kitchen, and sits next to her full bowl of dog food. "Why won't she eat?" Amy asks me.

I pull a doggie treat out of a plastic bag on the counter, and smile at Amy. "She won't eat until I tell her she can. "See, watch... Pluto, Eat."

She barks, and then digs into her bowl.

"That's amazing."

I laugh, and Amy smiles back at me.

"I'm going to change into something more club-ish. I don't think I'll look too good in a pair of jeans."

Amy kisses my cheek in a playful manner and says, "You look good in anything."

Blushing, I walk into my bedroom and pull off my shirt. "Don't look." I joke.

Amy turns her head, and as I shuffle clothes around in my closet, I hear her say, "This is cute."

She picks up an orange blouse, and I make a "ew." face. "That's not mine."

I regret the words as soon as they leave my mouth.

Amy looks up at me slowly. "Who's is it, then?"

"Um."

Shit! Skai, you idiot!

I don't even know

I decide to just tell her the truth.

But what is the truth? I have no idea who that shirt belongs to. Which one night stand is that? Maybe the blonde? Or, no, maybe the peppy chick. The one who wore too much lipstick... Yeah, maybe.

"It was from someone I had...um, over, one night."

I wince, and Amy shakes her head and drops the shirt back on the ground.

"You aren't angry...are you?"

She looks up and sighs. "Not really, Let the past rest in the past, i guess."

I nod silently, and slide on a green dress. Turning to Amy, I smile a little and try to change the subject. "How do I look?"

She sucks in her lower lip, and for a moment all I can think about is kissing her again.

"You look really good."

"Thank you."

She sticks her tongue out a little, and I know from memory that's what she does when she's thinking hard.

I walk over to her, and kiss her nose.

I don't know why I do it, but I do.

"What'd you do that for?"