Chapter 17

Waking up with a massive cold is just icing on top of the cake. Last night I didn't bother with changing into warm clothes so I just sat there and cried my heart out while freezing my ass off. I grab a pair of black rose joggers and a black lose shirt. I get up and wash my face and brush my teeth before heading down stairs to the wonderful smell of brownie.

Amanda is standing in the kitchen with a mug of coffee in her hand. Her hair ruffled and her eyes red and puffy, "Amber it would mean a lot to me if you could take these down to the church. It's thirty minutes away but it would really help me out."

"Yeah, sure," I slip into my black vans and grab a crate full of food.

__________________________________________________

I drive up to the church and as I pull up I see Parker along with his family and Lucas, his mom, and what I presume is his dad. I share a glance with Mrs. King and she jabs Lucas's ribs to get his attention. I quickly advert my eyes and pick up the crate focusing all my attention on it.

Within seconds I feel a hand on my shoulder and when I look up I see Lucas. I bring my eyes down as I adjust the crate in my hands, "Do you mind getting that, it's way to heavy for me to carry."
"Yeah," he follows me into the building and I go down the stairs until I reach the kitchen. Last week Amanda gave me and Carly a tour so we wouldn't get lost. "Hey Amber I'm sorry for yesterday. I just wasn't planning on telling you like that."
I set the crate down before leaning against the wall, "Why tell me? I mean one week together and BOOM I'm farther than your family."

"I guess there is something about you that makes me want to trust you. I can't not trust my queen, that would be treason."

I let out a soft laugh. "Quick question, what do you think about The Simpson?"
"Best show ever, I'm a huge Bart and Ned Flanders fan."
"Someone finally gets me!" I beam. "Moving on to something less important, was that your dad out there?"
"Yes, and he has that exact same suit in three other colors. You'll never catch him without a suit on."

"On that note, I think I should met the man," the smile falls off of his face and shock covers it. "I'm serious I want to met your father."