|two|

Rin's Point Of View

I walked the forest with my head hanging low. I placed my gloved hands on the straps of my backpack that I carried around for my journey. I kicked a stick as I moped towards wherever. I looked up when I heard people yelling. I saw a huge wall dividing the forest from the village. I automatically recognized the village. I walked towards the gate and saw two ninjas arguing. I hesitantly took a step towards the ninjas. When they didn't look towards me, I cleared my throat. I saw two pairs of eyes land on me. The one with spiky, brown hair narrowed his eyes at me.

"How can we help you?" says the man with his right eye covered.

"May I speak to the Hokage?" I said in quiet voice. The man with the bandage placed on his nose pulled out a kunai. I narrowed my eyes at the ninja.

"What are your intentions?" He said in a strong voice.

"Kotetsu, put the weapon down." said the man with his right eye covered. Kotetsu hesitated on putting his weapon away.

"I am Izumo. What's your name?" the said man as he stuck out his hand. I looked at his hand then back at his face. I took my hand away from the backpack strap and shook his hand slowly. He gave me a cute closed eye smile. I felt my face grow warm as I looked at the ground, making my hair cover my face. I heard a soft chuckle.

"Rin, Rin Yami." Izumo smiled.

"What a beautiful name for a beautiful girl." I felt my face grow warmer.

"Can I meet the Hokage now?" I squeaked out.

"Sure thing, come along." He said as he motioned me to follow him. As we strolled around the village, I saw kids running around, playing and laughing. I gave a small smile at the feeling of finding a new, peaceful home. We finally reached a building that looked like a mansion. I followed Izumo up the steps. We reached a door that Izumo knocked on.

"Come in." Izumo opened the door and motioned me to go in before him.

"Ladies first." He said as he gave a cheeky smile. I walked in and saw an old man sitting at a desk wearing a five nation hat with the village symbol on it. He narrowed his eyes at me. He put his smoking pipe down.

"What is your name, young one?" He said kindly. I looked at my surroundings then back at the Hokage.

"Rin Yami." The old man's eyes grew slightly wide. I looked at him curiously.

"Did you say Yami?" I nodded my head slowly at his question. He gave me a soft look. I spoke up before I could some sympathy.

"I would like to live here and become a ninja." I said a little too fast. I stood tall and made eye contact with the old man. He nodded.

"Okay. I can place you in the academy. How old are you?"

"Thirteen." I said, oh so proudly. He chuckled at my reaction.

"I would like to test your ability. But meanwhile, I would like for you to get interrogated by Ibiki before you get challenged to see what rank you shall be." I nodded my head, understanding. I looked a man with battle scars on his face that looked back at me with a stern face. I looked back at him with narrowed eyes.

"Is that Ibiki, sir?" I said as I looked at him. The man smirked at me.

"I am Ibiki Moreno and I will be the integrator." I nodded as he motioned me to follow him into a room. The room was rather dark with one light shining on a table and a chair. I walked towards the chair and sat down. Ibiki looked at me then smirked.

"Your going to give me answers." He said darkly.

"And your going to ask me questions." I shot back. I leaned back in the chair with my arms crossed over my chest. I saw his left eye twitch.

"Don't test me brat." He shouted at me. His voice echoed in the room. Soon silence filled the room. A cricket couldn't be heard. Nothing could be heard but the beating heart of an old man and a young child.

"Are you going to ask me questions or stare at the wall behind me?" I snapped, a little annoyed by the silence.

"What is your name?"

"I'm sure you should know since you were in the room, but my name is Rin Yami." I said, slightly annoyed.

"Your father, where is he?"

"I don't know." I said flatly.

"I asked you a question." He said loudly.

"And I answered the question." I said loudly back. So argument kept going back and forth until he realized that I didn't know where anything was nor anyone was.

After the interrogation, Ibiki took back to the office to talk to the Hokage. He opened the door and walked in with me stepping in the place where I was before. I saw a man with white hair as his face was covered by a mask. He was wearing the ninja attire. Next to him, I saw a girl with brown hair and brown eyes. She was wearing a big smile on her face. I turned my head and huffed silently.

"Great, now I am going to be annoyed." I mumbled under my breath. The girl looked over with her eyes sparkling at the sight of me.

"So I am going against you." She started to laugh 'evilly' with punching her hand, trying to make herself tough.

"I am Miyu Amaterasu."