Chapter 6

*4 weeks later*

"Mike! Are you coming!" I yell up the stairs towards the bathroom where he is currently getting changed.

It's been 4 weeks since Mike and I have met and we have become really good friends. He basically has lived at my house for the last 3 weeks. My father still hasn't come home and I'm starting to worry. Mike now knows about what happened with my Father. At first he was really shocked, then he was just kinda angry at how someone could do that to their child. He started sleeping here when he noticed my dad wasn't home and he didn't like me staying alone. At first I didn't really like it, seeing as how I didn't know him but then I realized that it was better than staying by myself.

I haven't told Lily or Drew yet about my dad. I don't think I ever will unless something really bad happens and they need to know about it. Other than that, Mike is the only one who knows.

School has ended and I have been excited for the summer. I haven't really hung out with Lily or Drew lately because I have been to busy with Mike and Hunter.

I have hung out with Hunter at least 5 times a week for the past 3 weeks. Mostly it consisted of us going to crappy diners and having a great time. Sometimes he would come over here and we would just sit around and play video games or just lounge around talking and laughing. The first time he met Mike I think he had been a little jealous. But then he got to know him a little bit and now they actually get along pretty well. The best time I had with Hunter so far was when we went on this day long road trip.

*Flashback*

"What do you want to do today?" Hunter asks me looking at me from where he was leaning at the counter.

"I don't know. Want to go on a day trip?" I ask as I finish making iced tea.

"Sure. When you wanna leave?" He comes up next to me and puts the lid on the container while I put the iced tea powder back.

"Like 10 minutes? Just let me get changed." I go up the stairs and quickly pull on a pair of dark jean shorts and and a simple white v-neck. I lace up my gray VANs and grab my bag heading back down the stairs.

I turn into the kitchen and see Hunter and Mike talking to each other about fishing.

"Hey Mike." I put my bag on the chair next to him and give him a quick hug. "Hey Cass. What you two doing today?"

"We're going on a day road trip." Hunter answers from where he's sitting on top of the counter next to the sink.

I walk over to the fridge grabbing two water bottles. "Are you gonna hang around here today? Or are you going somewhere?" I ask Mike.

"I have to do some shopping but other than that, I'm being lazy today."

"Oh so nothing different from any other day?" I ask poking fun at him.

He narrows his eyes at me and sticks his tongue out at me. "Ha ha. You're so funny Cass." He says sarcastically. He stands up and walks over to the fridge and grabs all the things to make a sandwich.

"Yeah just make your self right at home."

"Thank you, I will." He starts putting his sandwich together.

I look over at Hunter to see him laughing at our bickering. "Jesus, you two met, what, 3 weeks ago? And you act like brother and sister already." I walk over to him and stand in front of him. I flick him on the forehead.

"We do not." I state walking back to my bag and slinging it over my shoulder.

"You ready? I ask Hunter. He nods his head yes and jumps down landing lightly on his feet.