Chapter 5

Jack POV

I woke up again and heard shuffling in the kitchen.

Hm, I wonder who that could be. I thought.

I put on some pajama pants and crept down the hallway as to not scare the intruder. I peeked around the doorway and I was so happy to see who was there. It was none other than the boy himself, Alex.

He looked upset, though. He was leaned over the counter and tapping his fingers on the counter quickly as if he were anxious about something. He then rested his elbows on the counter and put his head in his hands. Then he brushed his hair out of his face and sighed.

I walked up behind him and I wrapped my arms around his waist. Alex immediately pushes me away.

"Jack, we need to talk about last night."

"But why? Can't we just avoid it and see where that takes us?" I awkwardly suggest. I didn't want to lose my best friend, even if I did enjoy what happened last night.

"No, Jack, we can't. I want you to know the truth." Alex pleaded.

"What 'truth'? Alex, you told me the truth. And I feel the same about you. What are you talking about?" I asked, scared to death of what was yet to come out of this beautiful man's mouth.

Alex sighed and started messing with his hair. He always did that when he was nervous. "Jack," he slowly began, trying to piece together every word like it was a puzzle and he really didn't want to mess it up, "last night was a mistake. Every part of it was. I was drunk and I was horny and you were the first person there. I'm sorry for fucking around with your emotions but I couldn't help it. I was drunk. I'm sorry that I don't feel the same about you. You're my best friend and that's all we'll ever be. I love you to death, Jack. Just not the same way you love me."

"Oh.." was all I could muster before slowly walking to my front door and opening it, gesturing for Alex to leave.

"Jack... I'm-"

"No, Alex. You can't just do shit like that. I'm not a fucking toy you can put back in your little box when you're done with me. But, hey, maybe I'm drunk. You know, so maybe I don't feel anything either. Hey, maybe this is all in my fucking head and I'll just lead you on. I mean. That's what you did. And fuck, I hate you so goddamn much for that, Alex." I immediately regretted what I had said. "Wait, Alex. I-I didn't mean-"

"No, Jack. You've said enough. I'll just go. Good-bye." Alex managed through angry tears as he pushed through the door and to his car.

He sped down the road faster than usual but all I heard to know that was the tires squealing the angry screams coming from his car. I watched him go, regretting everything I had just said to the man that I loved the most.

____________________________________________________________________________________

A/N WOO! Update! There will be more up soon. So, stay tuned, friends. More to come. Give me some constructive criticism. Vote, follow, comment, eat a brownie, idc. Bye!