Chapter 2

Under The Influence

We got to the party around 11:15. It was at a frat house just a couple of minutes from the campus. The place was crawling with half naked girls and horny jocks. I wasn't impressed by the people here but Thomas was amazed. I don't know why he was so hype about this stuff. There weren't enough black girls and a lot of white people and alcohol don't mix. This whole night spells trouble.

After we broke through the barricade of already wasted football players we entered the smoke engulfed house. People were everywhere. Girls were kissing girls, guys were kissing guys, and of course you had the norm. It was like Sodom and Gomorrah up in here. If no one was having sex they were lighting up the blunt. If no one was smoking they were drinking.

"Hey Thomas! The fun is this way." Two of Thomas' friends grabbed him from behind and whisked him away.

"If anything pops off call me!" I yelled at him. He held up his thumb and left me in this hell hole. I wondered outside to look at the festivities around the pool. It was more relaxing but it was chilly so I went back in. Fortunately for me a couch was clear and I took a seat. Then a familiar face sat next to me.

"Hey Zane! What are you doing here?" Olivia's best friend, Ebony, greeted me with her radiant smile. I quickly turned to her and made eye contact. Ebony was just as beautiful as Olivia. Her hair was long and black, she was a couple of inches taller, and she had smooth brown skin.

"Hey. I'm only here for my nephew." I guess she could tell I didn't want to be there. My face probably screams anguish and exhaustion.

"Oh okay. Well I'll see you around. Hey you're to cute to be frowning. Give me a smile." I smiled at her comment and she pinched my cheek. Then she proceeded to leave me in my misery but before she turned the corner she flashed another smile. Now I'm not the one to know when someone's flirting with me but was she? She knows I'm dating her best friend and she does that. Ebony can flirt with anyone she wants. So, what I'm wondering is why me? Maybe she wasn't flirting? Maybe I'm just being delusional.

"Hey Z. You want to hit this?" The head cheerleader asked me in her state of euphoria.

"What's in it Stacy?" Her eyes were bloodshot red and were getting lower by the second.

"Just some loud. Trust me." I hesitantly took the blunt and hit it hard. I held the smoke in before I swallowed and exhaled through my nose. I hit it once again and passed it back to Stacy. She took it back and went to socialize with everyone else. Olivia made me stop smoking weed when got together. So, two hits was enough. After just 10 minutes of sitting there my body started to feel heavy. My eyes were at there lowest point and I was slumped. I picked myself up and dragged my body upstairs to any empty bedroom. I threw myself on the bed and tried to get my phone to text Olivia but my brain was a mess at this point.

"Zane are you okay?" I heard someone say as they entered the room. The voice sounded familiar but I was to gone to identify who it was.

"I'm good." I replied. I felt their hands rub my neck and unbutton my shirt.

"Aww poor baby. Your not fine but I'll take care of you."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Read, Comment, Vote, & Share TY!