Chapter 7

Fatal Attraction

Zane

It has now been six months since I've even spoken to Olivia. I don't know how much more I can take. The love of my life is walking around campus like I don't even exist. I miss her so much. I would give anything to be with her again. People constantly ask me what's wrong but I can never get the words out. This break up is consuming me and I hate it. Today I'm just going to go out and try to be social. I just have to accept the fact that she's never coming back.

Instead of sulking in bed I decided to go to the cafeteria. I haven't been eating normally so a meal is what I needed. Before I left the room I showered, lathered myself with coconut oil, and threw on an adidas sweat suit. I slipped my shoes on and doused myself in the perfume Olivia bought me. Then I slipped on a gold chain and out the door I went. Since I wasn't looking like a complete mess I was turning heads.

With confidence exuding from my pores I scanned my I.D. to enter the cafeteria. I walked in slowly and grabbed a tray. I made my way to the sushi line. Patiently I waited for my turn to place my order. During my wait I was greeted by several girls who I never seen until now. Everyone of them flirted with me and offered "help" if I needed any. I seriously didn't think word got around school like that but everyone knew about the break up. After the girls stopped coming I received my sushi and sat down. Tiffany came and sat beside me and we made light conversation. In the midst of our conversation I spotted Olivia out of the corner of my eye. I focused on Tiffany as she said her goodbyes. I watched her walk away only to be left alone again. Then Thomas pops up behinds me.

"Hey Auntie!" He yelled in excitement. He then sat in the chair that was once occupied by Tiffany.

"Hey nephew! You scared me." I said as I popped his arm.

"I know but did you see a certain somebody." He said as he lifted his eyebrows towards Olivia.

"Yeah." I sighed as I glanced over at her. I quickly shifted my focus back to Thomas because I knew tears were coming.

" Auntie I'm pretty sure she's miserable without you. She's just putting up a front."

"So am I." I exhaled harshly. Thomas could tell I was in pain. Being in the same space caused my anxiety to flare.

"Let's go Z. Wait a minute who's that?" I snapped my head in the direction Thomas was looking in. There stood a guy 5' 11", darkskin, maybe 175 pounds, and a nice smile with his hands wrapped around Olivia's waist. I looked away as fast as I could but the damage was done. Tears were already pouring down my face.

"Auntie I don't think she likes him like that." Thomas said in weird tone.

"Thomas it's clear she does. Let's just go."

"Well it isn't now. She kind of looks uncomfortable." When I turned to look at what he was talking about I could see it. She did look somewhat tense. He was holding her tightly and she slightly struggled to get away from him. As soon as she freed herself he pulled her into a kiss. She tried to push back but his grip was too tight so she gave in. I looked at the sight and all I could see was red.

Olivia

"What the fuck was that Derrick?" Derrick was a friend of mine who I took English class with. Derrick was very attractive but he doesn't do anything for me besides I'm not even moderately over Zane.

"I'm sorry Liv but you're so damn fine. Don't act like you didn't like it baby." He pulled me closer to him and I pushed back.

"Stop. I don't need Zane to hear about any of this." He shifted his eyebrows and took a step back.