Chapter 10 *Surprise at the Park*

Niall’s POV

“Hey Niall can I ask you something?” 

“Anything.” I smiled when Ashley looked hesitant but her responding smile eased my anxiousness. 

“Why were you guys talking about The Wanted at your last gig? I saw a video on youtube of you guys.” she almost looked hurt and it made me feel terrible. “They never say anything bad about you guys. Not ever.” I watched as she dropped her head and started playing with a piece of grass. Everyone else was over by the playground messing around while me and Ashley took our time to get there. We had just gotten done eating the picnic me and Liam put together. 

“does it sound  bad if I say that was all Louis and Zayn?” she looked up with a very small smile on her face. 

“Not entirely no.” she shrugged her shoulders before grabbing another piece of grass. I heard her phone vibrate and waited for her to grab it but to my surprise she didn’t. 

“Wanna go join them now?” I nodded towards the group and she looked up and nodded. 

“Dibs on a swing!” she yelled before taking off in a sprint. The carefree happy Ashley was back. I now knew what subject to avoid and I was going to do my best to do just that the rest of the day. 

Rachael’s POV

Ashley and I were sitting on the swings watching the guys kick around the soccer ball, well football to them. I noticed Ashley was being unlike herself and was more quiet than usual. 

“Hey you ok?” 

“Yeah I’m fine.” She forced a smile as she slipped her aviators on. 

“Ash really whats wrong?” 

“You really wanna know?” 

“I wouldn’t have asked if I didn’t want to know.” I gave her a warm smile and she sighed. 

“I just wish they would all get along. But in a way I’m happy their not cause I think if they were all friends and all hungout it would make this thing with Niall and Nathan a lot harder.” she kicked some woodchips before continuing, “I don’t want to hurt him Rach but the feelings I thought I had for him aren’t there anymore. It’s a completely different thing with Nathan.” 

“Are you telling me you have no feelings what so ever for Niall?” uh oh, this is not what I wanted to hear and her responding silence didn’t help either. 

“I just don’t know.” she sighed as she looked up and started watching them again. A few minutes later her phone started going off. She looked to me before she answered. “Is it ok if I answer? I’ll only be a few minutes I promise.” she pleaded, her blue eyes begging me. 

“Make it quick. Try not to let them see you.” I nodded towards the guys and her face lit up as she quickly walked up to a pavilion and went behind a wall, out of sight. 

Ashley’s POV

I rounded the corner of the small pavilion to where I knew I would be out of sight of the guys before I answered the call. 

“Hello” 

“I know I shouldn’t have called and I know Rachael is probably going to be mad but oh well.” Nathan said quickly and I giggled. There were butterflies in my stomach just by hearing his voice. 

“I asked her before I answered. She seemed fine.” 

“And the other guys?” 

“Their playing soccer well football.”