Chapter One

Your name was John Egbert. You were currently sitting in class, only half paying attention to what the teacher was saying. Lately you haven't been very... Happy. There was someone at your school that repeatedly gave you shit. You guess they were bullying you, actually, no. They were bullying you. They just started physically messing with you Monday, but the past few months it was all mental. And that was so much worse then getting hit. They made you realize that you had basically no friends. Your not cool, or popular. Nothing that people like. Your a dork, you don't understand a lot of things, they say your gay, when your NOT. Atleast you don't think. Sexuality is confusing. You honestly don't even want to think about your sexuality. Your dad said you'd know when the time was right. Basically your a nobody. Your nice, they told you. But that was it. You were nice, but boring. You had no social life, and since last month you haven't been talking to your few friends that you actually have as much. They haven't done anything about it either. You honestly don't even think they care. They probably agree with your bully about you being bor-

You were ripped from your thoughts when suddenly everyone got up. You were confused for a moment until you realized the bell had rung. You grabbed your things and waiting a minute for everyone to get out of the door before you left, keeping your head down as you walked to your locker. You listened to the sounds of laughs and other peoples conversations as you approached your locker, only to stop when you saw a girl standing there. She had short blonde hair and wore mostly black. "Rose-" She cut you off before you could finish your sentence. "Who is it?" She asked. "What?" You questioned. "Who has been messing with you, John. I've been investigating the possible causes of your recent behavior, because a few weeks ago we all noticed that something was wrong. You've been acting different, not talking to us as much. After contemplating everything there is only one possible solution. So, who has been messing with you?" Rose looked you in the eyes. She was being serious. You sighed and looked away from her. "I um... Can I tell you later...? When we're not in the middle of school?" You replied, glancing up at her. "Of course, John. But keep in mind I will hold you to your word. And you better be at lunch with us." She told you. "Just the four of us...?" You asked. "Just the four of us. Now, we both better get to class." She said as you got your things from your locker. "Yeah... let's go then." You said, walking with her to English. You had a few classes with your friends, math and science with Dave, english and history with Rose, gym and art with Jade. Vriska was in your homeroom but you guys didn't talk much anymore. Not after the, accident. Long story short Vriska went to juvy for a bit because of something that happened with Tavros. Anyway, after english you had math, so Dave was in that class. Oh god, you really don't want to talk to him that much. Well, you want to talk to him, really badly actually... Just, you didn't really want him to be around you while you were like this.

After english you said your goodbyes to Rose and walked to your locker, where, surprise surprise, Dave was waiting on you. "Hey Dave..." You mumble as you open your locker. "Hey Egderp." He replies. "That's not my last name, Dave." You say with a bit more emotion behind your voice. Closing your locker you look at him only to see a smirk on his lips. "I know." He told you simply. "God damn it Dave." You say, walking past him to math, him following right behind you.

It was now lunch and you were EXHAUSTED. You had gym right after lunch and it was terrible! Although you did get partnered with Jade, so that helped. You walked into the cafeteria and immediately saw Rose sitting at the usual table, Kanaya beside her. You walked up to her and sat down across the round table, and she turned to you, smiling before giving Kanaya a quick peck to the cheeck and telling her something before Kanaya walked off to sit with her other friends. "You guys are like the perfect couple, you know." You told her as she turned back o face you. "I am aware." She said, before continuing. "Are you not going to eat anything?" She asked. "Oh uh, no. I forgot to grab my lunch this morning." You told her. This was in fact the truth. It's not like you were that depressed. Rose snapped her phone out and texted someone quickly, her phone buzzing only seconds later as she closed it, putting it back in her pocket. "Who did you just...?" You questioned, letting your sentence trail off. "Dave. He's going to get you lunch." She said. "What?! No, no, no! He doesn't have to do that, Rose!!" You yelled, standing up slightly. You felt a few eyes on you and back down, embarrassed. "I'm sure its fine!" You heard a voice behind you and looked back to see Jade, her long hair pulled up in a pony tail still from gym. She sat her tray down and sat on her knees beside Rose. "But..." You started, but gave up. You couldn't argue with the two of them at once. You all just got of sat there, no one ate yet, we were all waiting on Dave. "So, this is awkward!" Jade suddenly exclaimed until something was suddenly placed in front of you, and then something beside you, soon followed by Dave sitting down. "Your Knight is here, ladies." He said, bowing a bit. "And Rose." He added, only to be lightly punched by me and hit over the head with a book by Rose. "Rude." He commented, looking at me. "You better eat that." He told me. The girls already started eating and you and Dave just kind of sat there. "But... You didn't have to buy me food, Dave." You told him. "I was just helping out a bro, its cool." He told you. "But-" He cut you off. "John if you don't eat I'm going to force feed you. "I- ... Fine." You gave up again and started eating. A few moments later Rose spoke up. "So, John. Where would you like to meet later?" She asked as Jade and Dave looked at each other a bit confused. "Uh... I don't know?" You told her. "Would you care if the three of us came home with you?" She asked. "Wait- I thought I was only telling you-" You choked a bit and looked up at her. "Of course not, John. We're all your friends." She told you. "I... Uh, yeah that should be fine then... My dad's out of town so I wont have to ask." You told her and she nods. "Then we will all be going home with John today." You all went back to eating and soon after lunch ended.

Word count: 1212