Chapter Two

School went by quickly, and soon the last bell rung. You and Rose left history and went to your lockers, getting what you needed and walking outside to meet up with Jade and Dave. "You guys take to long in historyyyyy!" Jade whined, jumping on you and giving up a hug, which you returned. "Well I apologize that our history teacher doesn't let us start preparing to leave until the bell rings." Rose told her, waving as her girlfriend Kanaya walked past, going to her car. "Seriously though! She's the only teacher that does that!" Jade continued complaining as you all started walking. "I've noticed." Rose replied. The two of them were walking in front of you and Dave and continued talking, while you and Dave just walked in silence. "So." You say, putting your hands in your pockets. "So." Dave replied, his hands resting in his hoodie pocket. Neither of you said anything as you all walked, and you didn't even notice Jade and Rose pause their conversation. "Wow guys your awkwardness is contagious!" Jade suddenly exclaimed, which made you jump. "I agree. We need something to take away this sexual tension in the air." Rose stated. Wait, sexual tension?! You could feel your face get warmer. "Rooose! There's no sexual tension!! What are you even talking about?!" You yelled, trying to hide your face, which was probably redder then Dave's hoodie. Speaking of Dave he was being abnormally quiet. Was he thinking about something? Was it something important...?

SS: He's thinking of you John.
EB: Shut up and don't break the fourth wall.
SS: don't tell me what to do, John. I can make you strip right here and now.
EB: nooooo!
SS: okay we're done here.

And once again Jade saves you all from the awkwardness of being teenagers. "We should race!" She suggests. "Um... sure?" You reply. I mean, why not. Rose agreed and Dave nodded so you all lined up and Jade counted down. "3!" You were mentally preparing yourself. "2!" You can do this. You can- suddenly there's a rush of air beside you and everyone ran after Dave, who's a CHEAT. So, you started running as well. And damn. You are out of shape. You didn't stop running though, you were already neck and neck with Rose, and Jade wasn't far ahead. Dave was fucking out there though. Even if he would've left last he still probably would be in first right now. You suddenly got a boost of adrenaline and pasted Rose, getting up to Jade and struggling to stay with her. And before you knew it you were all at your house. Dave won, you and Jade tied in second, and Rose was just walking by now. Jade bent over to catch her breathe, Dave was sitting on the steps, and you... you were on all fours on the ground wheezing heavily. "John?" You heard Dave ask as you fell to the ground completely, still wheezing. "I'm...... Really....... Out.... Of shape......." You said in-between breathes, your lungs screaming as air actually got to them. "John? Are you okay?" Jade asked, moving to put a hand. You just shook your head and rolled over onto your back. "Okay, take long, slow breathes." She told you, moving to sit on the ground beside you. You tried doing what Jade said and started coughing, which made even Dave run over to you. "John just calm yourself. Think of peaceful things." You heard Roses voice as she approached you all. You could feel your heart beat start to slow as you just laid in the silence, and soon your breath evened out as well. "Dude that was way to over dramatic for the aftermath of a race." Dave said as you sat up. "Well I'm sorry that I'm out of shape, Dave." You protested. "John, can one person with your body type really be that out of shape?" He replied, helping you stand up. "Yes Dave. Because I am." You said, taking in a long breath as you stood. "Well then I'll need to train you." Dave said. "What? Like go to the gym together?" You asked as you all walked in. The girls were having a conversation of their own and you only faintly heard the word ship come from Jade's mouth. They must be talking about her grandfather. "Sure. A gym." Dave said, which left you only completely confused. "Wait if not a gym then wh-" Jade cut you off. Gosh darn it Jade. Why do you do this to your theoretical brother. I thought we had only the tightest imaginary sibling bond. "So! John! About the whole, situation." She reminded everyone here that there was in fact a serious matter to discus. Your bully. "Ughhhhh. I guess..." You whined as you headed upstairs to your room, everyone following behind you. You all sat down on the floor, you and Dave leaning against the bed, Rose and Jade sitting in front of you two. "So, John. Do tell us who has been causing you problems." Rose was the first to speak after a few moments of overly awkward silence. "I um..." You started, suddenly getting really nervous. "Um... Spades..." You whispered as everyone just looked at you with shock. Spades Slick, which probably wasn't his real name but still, was the leader of the Midnight Crew, this group of four 12th graders who were literally just, hell. Well, all of them weren't 12 graders. Clubs Deuce was in the 11th grade. You were a 10 grader by the way. Diamonds Droog skipped a grade so he's in 12th. Spades was in 12th. And then Hearts Boxcars was currently a 12th grader, but was held back a year. He's basically the biggest kid in the school. But anyway, you should probably focus on the situation at hand. Rose looked like she was thinking, Jade was silent, and Dave, he looked like he was going to kill someone.