Chapter 3: Nelson vs Correia

[Eva Marie]

I was with Jonathan as we sat with some of the superstars at a bar as we waited for my sisters fight to come on.

Sofia Correia was in the octagon now.

Sofia is Bethe Correia's little sister. She challenged my sister to a fight for the championship.

Bethe and Ronda will be fighting the next fight.

Soon... Immigrant Song by Led Zeppelin plays and the whole bar goes nuts.

Soon, Veronica walks out with her team. She was in

and her hair was

and her hair was

"Damn... She looks ready." Roman says.

"She is. Last week, Sofia tweeted that "when" she beats Veronica she hopes Veronica doesn't get cancer like our dad so Veronica is gonna kill this bitch." I say.

"One thing you don't ever do is bring up a persons family. Especially if they're someone like Veronica, or Ronda for that matter. Both Correia sisters are gonna die tonight." Dean says.

I nod as Veronica takes off her shoes, socks, jacket and t-shirt.

"Damn, she is ripped but like... In a sexy way." Galina, Joe's wife, says.

We all laugh. The ring guy then puts that stuff on her face and check her then she gets the clear.

She gets in the cage and jogs to her side and then jumps up and down before she backs into the cage.

"Man, she is ready!" Colby says.

"She is gonna kill this bitch." Leighla, Colby's fiancé, says.

Yeah, the superstars and divas brought their wives, husbands, fiancées, girlfriends, boyfriends, etc.

I'm not cool with half of them but they love my sister and I don't care. I don't want my sister to not be friends with them just because I'm not cool with them.

My sister is her own person and she proved that.

The ring announcer just announced Sofia Correia.

"And introducing the champion, fighting out of the red corner, with a record of 12 wins, no losses. 10 by knockout and 2 by submission. She stands at a height of 5 feet and 5 inches. She weighs at 115 lbs, fighting out of Los Angeles, California, the reigning, defending UFC Strawweight Women's Champion, Veronica "Slayer" Nelson!!!" The ring announces.

We all cheer. The girls then go head to head. The ref says for them to shake. Sofia extends her hand but Veronica backs up into the cage.

"Ohhhhh shit." Galina, says.

"This bitch is gonna die." Leighla says.

Ding. Ding. Ding.

"Here we go!" One of the broadcasters says.

Veronica and Sofia meet in the middle and then circle each other.

"Come on, V, beat her ass." I say.

Soon, Sofia swings and Veronica ducks then knees Sofia in the midsection then they exchange punches.

"Come on, Veronica!" Paige exclaims.

Sofia locks Veronica's arms but Veronica breaks out and front kicks Sofia right in the face.

"OH SHIT!" Everyone shouts.

"Did you hear the impact when the foot of Veronica Nelson connected with the face of Sofia Correia?" The broadcaster asks.

"Everyone in this arena heard it." The other broadcaster says.

Veronica then locks Sofia in a hold and knees her then throws at least two punches before Sofia falls and rolls back.

"Get her, Veronica!" I yell.

"Kick her ass, Veronica!" Paige yells.

Veronica backs Sofia into the cage and throws left and rights then I see Veronica go down after Veronica threw a right cross right to the temple of Sofia Correia.

The ref grabs Veronica and lifts her in the other direction as the fans all shoot to their feet, screaming,

"And it's over!"

Veronica calmly takes out her mouth guard.

"Just. Like. That."

"Veronica Nelson is the best combat athlete since Ronda Rousey."

"That fight changed her whole career."

Veronica went to her team as they praised her. The cameras then show Sofia coming out of her daze and she was busted up.

Sofia was bleeding in the lip, eye, nose, and eyebrow. It was already swollen under her left eye.

"Hell yeah! That's what you get bitch!" I yell and Jonathan laughs at me.

They have the girls go next to the ref. Veronica had her black UFC v-neck on.

"The winner of this fight was a unanimous decision. Winning by knockout... Your winner... And still the UFC Strawweight Women's Champion, Veronica "Slayer" Nelson!!!" The ring announcer says.

We all cheer. The title was put around Veronica's waist then a dude went up to her.

"Veronica... 13-0... You just beat Sofia Correia and retained your women's title. Do you have anything to say?" The guy asks.

The fans went insane. I saw Dean just staring at Veronica. I can see it in his eyes. He's looking at her the way Jonathan looks at me.

"I told her when we got in here that I was gonna make her pay and I was gonna take my time and enjoy beating her ass and that's exactly what I did. I'm the best at this and no one has been able to put an end to my reign. If you think you got what it takes, I'm not that hard to find." Veronica says.

"Veronica Nelson, everybody." The guy says.

Veronica and her team leave and it shows her clapping the hands of the fans and taking pictures while leaving to the backstage area.

"She killed it!" I say and Jonathan laughs.

"As usual." He says.

"Your sisters a beast." Colby says.

"I know she is." I say, proudly, and they laugh.

"She's training you, right?" Joe asks.

"Yeah. Her and Ronda come to Brian's studio and they all take turns training me. Wrestling for one hour and then martial arts one hour and then it just goes back and forth." I say.

"Good for you. Can't wait to see you pull it off." Dean says.

"Thank you. At least someone has faith in me." I say.