Storm coming

"Clarke. Clarke." she heard her name being called and she slowly opened her eyes then jumped to see Lexa hovering over her. She tried to stand, but Lexas hand gripped Clarkes arm, not letting her.

"You're not going anywhere." Clarke tried to pull free from Lexas grip but Lexa was far too strong, so she slid back down against the tree trunk she had been sitting against and sighed in defeat.

"Clarke..." Lexas voice was more vulnerable then ever and Clarkes heart ached. It ached to melt into her arms, but it also ached because she wanted to hurt her. She wanted her to understand the pain she went through on the mountain.

Clarke looked into those deep green eyes, she was drowning in them.

Lexa opened her mouth to say something but stopped. "Clarke, its not safe out here. We need to find shelter, there is a storm coming." Lexa gesturing up towards the dark sky forming above them.

Lexa stood and started walking forward, Clarke hesitated for a moment before following. She knew Lexa was right, they needed to find somewhere safe for the night.

"I know a place we can stay, but we must ride on horseback to get there before the storm arrives."

Clarke didnt want to trust Lexa, but it was either die from a storm or die because Lexa betrayed her. But she already survived that once before. she was already dying because of Lexa, so what difference did it make?

"Clarke, you're going to have to trust me on this." Lexas eyes were serious, not a hint of lies.

"Yeah, where did that get me before?" Clarke said in a harsh tone, tearing her eyes from lexas. She swung one leg over Lexas horse looking annoyed, but didnt say another word, and neither did Lexa.

Lexas back was pressed against Clarke, their thighs touching as they road. Clarkes head was spinning by the closeness of the two. She wanted to wrap her arms around Lexa, wanted to forgive her. But she couldn't, a part of her wanted to hate her. Wanted to kill her, wanted to burn her.

Clarkes vision started to blur into darkness, the world slipping from her.
"Clarke, Clarke. You need to open your eyes." A strong embracing hand was wrapped around her arm, preventing her from falling off the still moving horse.

She quickly realized what was happening, and came to again.
"Wrap your arms around me so you don't fall off."
Clarke hesitated for a moment, still not fully trusting Lexa.

"Clarke, you need to trust me." Her voice was calm, but firm. No waver of fear, or weakness.

Clarke slowly wrapped her arms around lexas waist, the warmth pressing into her. Lexa was tense at first touch but after a few moments she relaxed. She was completely vulnerable at the moment, and they both knew it.