Chapter 12

ZACK'S POV FROM THE FIRST TIME HE MEETS AIDAN.

"Zack is that you?" Sofia asked once i walked into the house.

"Yeah, it's me" i answered as i headed towards the kitchen. I walked towards the refrigerator and pulled out a coke.

"How was school dear?" Sofia asked while walking into the kitchen.

"It was ok i guess" i shrugged.

"Is everything Zack?" she asked after a moment. "I mean it's so late. School ended 2 hours ago, where were you?" she asked me with a perfect eyebrow raised.

"I went out with some friends" i answered nonchalance.

"Look Zack, i know that you have to adjust to everything here but you need to know that i am here for you" she said then placed her hand on my shoulder. "You have been through something that no child should go through" she smiled at me.

"Thanks Sofia" i gave her a tight smile.

"You can call me mom if you want to Zack" she said with a hopeful smile. She can't be serious right?

"I can't Sofia. It feels wrong to call you mom" i said softly.

"It's ok dear. But if you need anything don't hesitate to ask me" she smiled.

"Uhmm actually i need a charger for my phone. It died and my charger isn't working. Do you perhaps have an extra charger?" i asked.

"I think Cameron has one" she smiled then left me alone.

I need a charger right now. I need to find out how she's doing. I've been doing some things to save up money to visit her in New York. If my dad finds out what I'm doing he'll have my head. But he has to understand that i need to make sure that she's ok.

Before i even realized it, i was already in my room. I dropped my bag by the door and went over to my window for some fresh air.

I can't believe Sofia said that. I mean i love her and everything but i can't call her mom. It's not right. It's not fair to my mom.

I looked over into Sam's room. Her curtains were drawn back and her window was open. I looked inside but there was no one in her room.

One thing i like about my room was that i could see Sam sleep at night. I remember the first time i saw her since i came back was while she was sleeping Sunday night. Then fate played his game by making us meet, while she was awake, at the alley.

I remember how it felt to have her in my arms when she fell and i caught her. I remember watching her dance in the school gym. She looks so beautiful and happy when she dances. I could practically feel all the emotions that she puts into her dancing. Why didn't she dance for the school? She was so talented but she keeps her talent to herself. Maybe she isn't confident enough but if only she could see what i see when she dances.

My mind replays the moment we shared in the music room. The way our different melodies on the piano fit so perfectly together. The way my hand tingle, with the spark of electricity that went through my body, when i touched her hand.

The kiss. I was so damn close to kissing her. It felt like the perfect moment. I felt something pull me towards her but then my dumb-ass of a step brother had to walk in and ruin the moment.

I have no idea what she's doing to me. I'm not the right guy for her but i can't stand the idea of her being with someone else. Someone like Chase.