Where it all started

It had been quite a long time since Evan had gone blind. Only being able to see the light of the sun, when it shined. Sometimes he couldn't see the shining of he sun. And sometimes he could. It all depended if he was indoors or outdoors.

Anything that was brightly lite. Evan could see. When his house lights were on, when a lamp was on. When the sun would shine through his curtains. When he went outside to walk and he'd see the sun.

Hell, even the brightness of the moon. Basically. He could see the very bright things. It's like when you go to see with the light on. You can still see the light of the lamp or sun, through the darkness of your eyes.

Well. That is unless someone turned the lamp off, or if you put a pillow/blanket over your head to block the light out. Making it completely dark. And then you could sleep.

He couldn't mentally see the sun, he couldn't see the way it was curved. Or the way the lights in his house made a shadow on the wall. He couldn't see the image. He could only see the light that was reflected into his eyes.

The sun reflected much more onto his eyes than a lamp. Because if you looked at the sun. It would blind you with how bright it was. But with a lamp that wasn't the case. The lamp he'd be barely able to see.

As with the sun. He could feel the way the heat was on his skin and the way it reflected into his eyes.

Evan wore his black glasses, no one could see through them. They were like sunglasses. He wore them because he didn't really want people to look at his eyes. Especially since he couldn't even see.

Evan also had a cane. He walked around with it, tapping it against the ground. To make sure he stepped in time with the cane. By how much time he'd been blind. He'd counted how many steps it took to get to stores, the beach. Etc.

And lastly, his trusty guide dog. The guide dog made sure he didn't bump into any objects, and if he had done that. The labrador dog he had made sure to move out of the way in time, so that Evan wouldn't hit the object. Whether it a lamppost, bench. Or something else. The labrador would move Evan out of the way.

The labrador was a girl. And her name was Cinnamon. A weird name. Evan knew that. But Evan found it quite a funny and cute name. At first he wasn't even sure on what to name the labrador, but he thought 'I'll use Cinnamon until the time on which I decide a proper name' but the name just stuck. And Evan got used to it.

Evan had a local restaurant he went to nearly every day, but on some of the days he'd stay home and eat food instead. Not without the help of his trusty but clumsy friend Nogla. Nogla was obviously disturbed by the fact that his friend was blind but he helped anyways.

Evan even told Nogla on what ingredients to use. And he'd also told him in what he likes as well. Food-wise, dessert-wise. Drinks and other things like walking as well. The blindness had affected Evan from playing online games with his friends. But it didn't ruin his life. It just made a new one for himself.

Other days Evan would walk a lot, but he'd get used to the area with his precious Cinnamon dog. And he enjoyed the company of the labrador as well. The labrador was his world, his friends came to see him sometimes and it was nice. He was greatful to them for caring for him.

A lot of normal chat was exchanged between him and his friends like "How have you been?" And stuff on the lunes of, "Do anything new today?" And it made him smile.

One of the days in between the week, on a Thursday, Evan had walked along with his labrador, his cane and his glasses, down to the restaurant, hearing the faint bell of the restaurant door open. Evan smiled. Walking over to a table as he used his cane to feel the chair.

Sitting down in it and giving a sigh of relief at the fresh air, the way he just smiled. Something told Evan that it was going to be a good day. It seemed silent in the restaurant, no one would be here at this time. So it was just him and his labrador. But then a faint voice was spoken. Speaking the words of "What would you like to order sir?"