Roses and Keys

Chapter 6: Roses and Keys

"I'm coming, I'm coming!" yelled Kori, as she ran down stairs, putting on her white sweater.

She grabbed her back pack, which was placed on the floor, and opened the door. There stood Raven, arms crossed, with an annoyed expression on her face.

"About time."

Kori gave her a smile. "I'm sorry. I couldn't find my sweater."

Raven let out a sigh and walked towards Victor's car. "Whatever."

They got inside and sat in the back with Gar. Vic and Karen sat in the front. When they pulled into the school's parking lot they saw Dick. He was kissing the same girl from french class the other day. The girl walked away and Dick finally noticed the stares from his friends.

"What?"

"What, whatta mean what!" yelled Karen."We come here and see you with your tongue down some girls throat, and you don't even give us a hi."

"Yeah!" added Gar, arms crossed. "What she said."

"You guys are just jealous."

"Jealous that you found yourself another whore," said Raven."Don't think so."

"Vic, a little help."

Karen and Raven gave Vic a glare. They never approved of Dick's 'playboy' personality, especially since it hurt Kori.

"I'm not getting involved."

Richard mumbled a wimp, under his breath. Kori saw where this was going. If she didn't stop this now, there was bound to be a argument.

"Friends! Let us not argue. We should be happy that Dick has found someone he likes."

Dick stood there, a little shocked at what she just said, as did the others. That's when the bell rang.

"Oh crap! If we don't get going where gonna be late." said Gar, making a run for the school doors.

The others followed, but Dick pulled Kori aside.

"Listen, Kori, about yesterday..."

"I am sorry." she cut him off before he could continue.

"But you didn't even do anything."

"Yes, I have. I have not been considerate of your feelings. Which is why I want you to have this."

She held out a small box to him and gently placed it in his hands. He began to open the small box. Inside was a key. Before he could ask, she began to speak.

"It is a key to my house. I want you to have it. Whenever you need me, you can just come over. I'll always be there for you, Dick."

He embraced her in a hug. "Thank you."

"Hey, lovebirds! We gotta get to class!" called out Vic.

Dick and Kori quickly separated and followed Vic to class.

WITH JENN, SOCIAL STUDIES

She gently twirled the red rose in her hand. When she got to school, it was attached to her locker. She wondered who gave it to her. It didn't come with a note.

"Nice flower. Who's it from?"

Jenn looked up to see Jade.

"I don't know."

Just then Roy, Alain and Wally walked in.

"I bet I know who's it from."

"Not this Wally stuff again."

"Come on Jenn, he likes you. Why not ask him out?"

"Because he's a dork."

'Besides, I bet it wasn't even him who gave me the rose.' thought Jenn.

Just then walked in.

"Alright my duckies, who's ready for class."

WITH WALLY, SECOND PERIOD

Wally sat next to Alain and Roy. They all had second period together. Wally had a big grin on his face.

"Okay, spill," said Alain. "What are you so damn happy about."

"Nothing."

"Oh really. Would this nothing have something to do with Jenn?" mocked Roy.

"Maybe."

"You wouldn't haven't to be the one who gave her a rose, would you?" asked Roy.

Wally nodded.

"That's romantic," said Alain."How a dumb ass like you come up with that."

"That's for me to know and you guys to find out. Promise you guys won't tell her."

They agreed and turned their attention to the teacher.

WITH DICK, SECOND PERIOD

Dick eyed the key in his hand like it was the most fascinating thing in the world. It made him feel good to know Kori trusted him with something like this.

"Dude, what's with the key?" asked Gar.

"Huh?" asked Dick. He wasn't paying attention.

"The key." said Vic.

"Oh, Kori gave it to me."

"Is that the key to her house?" asked Gar.

Dick nodded.

"No way, she never gave us a key." said Vic.

"That's because she loves Dick." laughed Gar.

"Where just friends!" yelled out Dick. The whole class stared at him.

"Mr. Grayson, I would appreciate it if you would quite down." said .

Vic and Gar laughed at him and Dick sent them a evil glare.

WITH KORI, SECOND PERIOD

"You gave him a key?!" said Karen, unable to believe what Kori just told her and Raven.

"Yupe. It really seemed to make him happy."

"That's a big step for someone who is just friends." said Raven.

"We are just friends."

"Sure you are." mocked Karen.

"One day the truth will come, Kori," said Raven. "Everyone knows you like Dick."

Kori sighed. She couldn't wait.

REVIEW !

VOTE !!

COMMENT !!!
✌✌♥