This is the First Thing

Josh's POV

And now Max is getting married. I've lost another one, great. In all honesty, his fiancé is awesome. Her and Max go so well together, her name is Alice; a tall girl with dark brown hair that sits in loose waves, she never wears much makeup but she's pretty without it. Her sense of humour is rediculously funny and she's the most hilarious drunk you will ever meet. She's not like Chris' or Matt's wives, she fits in as one if the 'lads'. But the thing I love the most about her and Max is the amount of trust in their relationship; see the thing with Alice is that she can be so serious and sympathetic but never in a patronising way, in all honesty she's the only person I can talk to completely, and Max doesn't mind that. Max doesn't mind her coming to my shitty little apartment for sleepovers to get drunk or just chat. I suppose Max must really trust me too, there's no reason he shouldn't though because.. Well, I'm gay. Thats another thing about Alice. I don't mean she's gay... But she doesn't treat me like a pet or an accessory like many other women do to gay men. She treats me like a human. A friend.

Unfortunately I I've never had many of them, school was constant bulling, but when I got the band together.. You me at six. Matt, Max, Chris, Dan and me. I had friends. When I was on stage, I had no fear.
The band is still a thing despite the constant worries from the sixers, we just do a little less music now since everyone apart from me is in a relationship. I'm not missing much and I'm not jealous to be honest, I've never had a proper relationship and I haven't had one at all for almost a year. I've become quite accustom to late nights with wine and Jurassic park alone, or sleepless nights listening to the cars outside passing by. I've always wondered what people are doing when they're driving around at 2am, go home. Tonight is another one of them sleepless nights, and I need to go see Alice and Max tomorrow, they're sorting out the stag do and hen night so the whole band and their partners are going to theirs.
I was lying earlier when I said I wasn't jealous. I want someone to hold at night and laugh with at day. Shame I'm a socially awkward, introverted asshole.

A/N welcome to my new fic!
Sorry for the short chapter but I just needed a small introduction.
Shoutout to Authentic_Helyer who is the 'Alice'
Thanks for reading sporks! ^•^