Chapter 11

***I just realized that I can't count apparently and I forgot chapter 8 I went straight to chapter 9 so... Yeah sorry about that.***

Sydney's POV

I sat in the bathroom and cried.

I heard the door open but I paid no attention to it.

I felt someone sit down next to me on both sides.

After a long silence I looked up to see Nash and Hayes. Both with red eyes and tears rolling down their face.

"Why?" Nash choked out

I started crying again seeing how much it hurt them.

I took out my phone and showed them the text Sammy sent me.

"He sent this to you?" Hayes asked getting upset

I nodded my head unable to speak.

"Why would he do something like this to you? It's not like him." Nash said mad and confused

I shrugged my shoulders then started to cry again.

"What's wrong baby girl there's more bothering you than Sammy. I know you wouldn't hurt yourself be said of something a boy said." Nash asked softly as he started to rub my back.

I picked up my head and looked him in the eyes.

"Will hates me and won't even talk to me. I've tried calling him but he declined the call every time." I said between tears.

He didn't respond he just hugged me.

The fact that he didn't even deny the fact that Will hates me hurt more because now I know it's true. My own brother hates me. He's the one of the only people I have left and he hates me. Along with Sammy.

Everybody I get close to and open up to somehow leaves. First my mom and dad, then my aunt didn't want me to stay with her and she took Sky instead, then Will, and now Sammy. I'm pretty sure Matt hates me now too.

"Why do I screw everything up?" I asked weakly

Nash and Hayes looked at each other worked not sure how to respond to that.

They both just hugged me instead.

I stayed in their arms feeling safe there like nothing can ever hurt me.

There was a knock on the bathroom door and Nash said come in.

Matt walked in and I could tell he's been crying too.

Nash and Hayes let go of me and kissed my head before walking out leaving me and Matt alone.

As soon as they left I got up and ran over to Matt hugging him.

He hugged me back tightly and I could hear him sniffling.

"Matt-" I started before he cut me off

"Please. Whatever the reason you did that for please just forget it, it's not true. I will always be here remember that. I will help you through anything. I won't let you get hurt. I will save you before you drown, fall, or shatter. If I'm late then I will put the pieces together so you will be okay. I'm not letting you go Sydney. I love you." Matt said

I didn't expect that. I was speechless. I didn't think anyone who didn't have love me would.

"I love you too Matt." I said smiling for the first time in forever.

"I want to keep you safe and make sure you're okay." He started as he picked me up and put me on the counter of the bathroom so we were eye level. "Sydney Grace Grier will you please be my girlfriend." He asked

I smiled and jumped off the counter into his arms. "YESSSS!!" I said

He smiled and kissed my forehead then placed me back on the ground.

We walked out of the bathroom hand in hand and went and sat down with our feet in the water.

Nobody seemed to notice we were back so Matt and I decided to go back to the hotel room and chill.

I showered and changed into my light grey long sleeve shirt that has a dark blue anchor on the front and it has 'ocean city' written in the right sleeve in dark blue. I put on my black nike shorts and put my hair in a high ponytail and put on a black headband.

I heard my phone buzz and I saw a text from Nash

'Where are you?! Are you okay?!?'

'Yes I'm okay, Matt and I were bored so we came back to the hotel room, I will be in his room watching a movie with him if you need me.'

'Okay sounds good! Love you sis'

'Love you too Nashy'

I turned my phone off and knocked on the dividing door between Matt and I's room.

He immediately opened and smiled at me.

He was wearing his black basketball shorts and a white t-shirt.

He took my hand in his and we walked over to his bed.

He had a pile of movies on the floor in front of the TV.

"You can pick the first movie." He said

I smiled at him then got up and sat on the floor looking at the movies.

"You have Finding Nemo!!!!!!!!!!"  I yelled excitedly

"Yeah." He chuckled seeing how happy I was

"That's my favorite movie ever!!" I said as I put the movie in and jumped back onto the bed next to Matt.

He pressed play and the movie started.

I sat back leaning against the pillows on the bed and intently watching the screen.

Out of the corner of my eye I could see Matt debating something in his head as he looked somewhat confused.

Seconds later he wrapped his arm around my small waist and brought me closer to him, I laid my head on his chest and snuggled in closer to him.

We watched a few more movies and had fun.

I felt like everything was okay again and that nothing ever went wrong in my life.

All until I got another text...

I read it and cried. Matt had gone to the bathroom and I started hyperventilating.

It was too much and before I knew it my panic attack got worse and my vision went black.