[18]

"Hey it's Harry! Leave a message and I'll ring ya' as soon as I can! All the love!"

  "Hey Harry, I was just wondering how you were? I mean, I wish we could talk more because even though we're not together, we can still be friends. I could tell you about my day and the dreams I had the night before... it could be a good thing for us... just think about it. Anyway, the new apprentice Sarah hired in the bakery, Marla, is an absolute disaster! She dropped two sheet cakes and spilt an entire bag of flour on the floor! I want to pull my hair out, but then I remember how much of a mess I was when I first started out and it calms me down. Your mom and I have also been keeping tabs on one another the past couple of weeks. We've been absolutely obsessed with this season of Big Brother, and by obsessed I mean we phone each other every time its on, and sometimes she even comes over and we watch it together. I hope that's okay... I mean she seems lonely... I guess I'm a bit lonely too, but--"

"Hey it's Harry! Leave a message and I'll ring ya' as soon as I can! All the love!"

  "I'm sorry, I used up all the message time. I guess that's actually a bit embarrassing that I'm talking your ear off-- fuck, it's not even really you I'm talking to. I feel like I'm going crazy because your answering machine has been my best friend for the past few months and I can recite your voicemail by memory... Sorry, that was crazy of me, like I was saying before, your mum and I are both a little lonely but I'm gonna look after her, I promise. I'll stay out of your way when you visit her, but I'll watch her when your working. Oh! Guess what? I have a date Friday! His name is Dylan and he's an attorney. He seems... alright. I mean, Niall set us up, and he has a great track record when it comes to matchmaking. You know, because he introduced us and all. The day we met was a great one, I spilt my wine on your white shirt and you told me horrible knock-knock jokes as you were mopping up the spill. I still don't know how you managed to get me on a date, but you did. I love you for that... Fuck, I love you for everything. Goodbye sweetheart."

Voicemail Received.

April 7, 2015  5:30 p.m.

a/n: that was so annoyingly hard for me to write because i just couldn't get it to sound right. i liked how it turned out though, i hope you do too!