Your Eyes

"Derek" Stiles whined from my bed. We had been dating for the past 8 months and I don't know how I haven't strangled him. "What?" I groaned walking out of my bathroom. "Do you love me?" He asked. "With all my heart. Now stop being annoying. I have to get ready." I said returning to my spot in front of the mirror. "I don't want you to go." He whined. "Stop whining. It's not cute." I said. "So I'm ugly when I whine?" Stiles shot back. "Yup." I said walking over to him. "Rude." He replied. "If I'm driving you to school you need to get your ass up now." I told him. "Can I wear your jacket today?" He asked getting out of bed. "Are you guna ruin it?" I asked. "Not on purpose." He pouted. I sighed "Whatever." I replied pulling it from my closet and handing it to him. "Why are you so moody?" He asked. "I'm not moody." I snapped. "Yeah, you are." He walked out of my room. I rolled my eyes following him. "Are you on your period or something?" Stiles asked turning around making me run into him almost knocking him over. I caught him seeing him give an apologetic look "No, I'm not on my period." I snapped helping him regain his balance. He pouted at me "Then what did I do?" He asked. "You didn't do anything Stiles." I grabbed two cups form the cupboard. "Seems like it." He said softly. I filled the cups with coffee, Stiles' with two sugars and a little bit of milk, mine black. "Babe, you didn't do anything." I promised handing him his cup getting a soft 'thanks' from him. "You're just really...moody lately.." He said not looking at me as Isaac walked out. "He's right. You are kinda moody." I shot a glare at my beta "Thanks for the help." I snapped. "See..." Stiles said. He sighed getting up mumbling something about a shower and disappearing into my room.

"Seriously though, what's up?" Isaac asked. "It's not important." I replied. "Well it has to be if you're being bitchier than normal." He said. "I'm not bitchy." I glared back. "Yeah you are." he retorted "Just tell me what's wrong." He said sitting down. I sighed rubbing my hands over my face. "My wolf wants to mate with Stiles." I said. "Then mate with him?" Isaac said. "I can't do that. He's still in school. I can't ask him to make that commitment. I don't even know if he's actually my mate or if my wolf is just lonely." I said. "Okay, ew. You should talk to him then. He thinks he did something to piss you off." Isaac said. "D-derek!" Stiles yelled from upstairs. I groaned walking up to my bathroom. "What Sti-holy shit." I said looking at his eyes. "What's happening?" He asked. I smiled at him "Nothing bad, relax. Let's get you to Deaton." I said grabbing his hand. "B-but Derek, you have that interview in an hour." He said. "Screw the interview." I told him pulling him downstairs. 

"Oh my god Stiles, your eyes." Isaac said running up to him. 

Stiles' eyes were red, alpha red, with specks of gold starting from his pupil and scattering out. My mom told me that when you find your true mate and if they feel the same way you feel about them, something like this happens to their eyes. It's like they were given the eyes of a werewolf, able to change them when the get angry or to help lead the pack, but the natural eye color always returns.

I smiled picking him up and spinning him around. He wrapped his arms around me "Derek, stop! I don't feel good." He whined. I put him down "Sorry." I said pressing a kiss to his lips.

We got to Deaton's in a matter of minutes seeing Scott was there. "Shouldn't you be at school?" Stiles said sternly to his best friend. "Shouldn't you-woah your eyes." Scott stopped as he looked up. That got Deaton's attention. "Oh wow, Stiles, come here." Deaton said. Stiles sighed sitting on the metal table. 

Deaton examined him and turned to look at me. "Did you.." Deaton started. I shook my head. Deaton nodded. "I think you should." He replied facing Stiles again. "He should what?" Stiles said frantically looking at me. "I'll explain later." I told him with a smile seeing him relax a little. 

"So, why are his eyes like this?" Isaac asked. "He's Derek's mate." Deaton said. "Will it go away?" Stiles asked. "I mean, the eyes? Cause explaining that to my dad won't be easy." Stiles said looking at me. I walked over to him grabbing his hand. He wrapped himself around me. "Yes, it will go away. But..Derek has to do that." Deaton said. Both Stiles and I looked at him. "Scott, Isaac, you two should get to school." He said. The two groaned but walked out and left.

"In order for your eyes to change back, you two have to mate. Derek has to claim you as his. As soon as he does that your eyes should change back." Deaton explained. Stiles looked up at me gripping my hand tighter. "What if I don't?" I asked. "Then the mate bond will be broken and you'll never be able to fix what you two have." Deaton said. Stiles let go of my hand. "Derek.." He started. "We don't have to if you don't wa-" He hit me. "Are you fucking stupid? Of coarse I want to. I love you like crazy you doof." He said angrily. I nodded "I love you too." I said. "Okay lovebirds, leave. I have work to do and since neither of you are dying you don't belong here." He said. 

"So, does this mean you'll actually be mine forever?" Stiles asked on the ride back to my house. "Yeah, it does. And you'll be mine forever." I added. "I was yours forever before this Derek." He said. I smiled. "I love you." I told him. "I love you too, Derek."