Reality

This is part 2 of 'Imagine' sorry if it's not as good as the first part but I'm in a bit of a funk and I'm trying my best to get out of it. It's been a tough few weeks but I'm good and I'm working on trying to get back to normal. Also I got a kitten the other day so if you wanna see him I'll have a picture at the end. His name is Oliver/Ollie and he's 8 months. :)

We had a pack meeting at Derek's tonight. I got there early. I always get there early. I always tell him it's just so I can make dinner—which is partly true—but mostly I just like being around him. I tend to be the first there (besides Isaac, lucky bastard gets to live with him) and I'm normally the last to leave as well. I was trying my best to pay attention to the conversation Isaac had brought up, something to do with school, but I couldn't focus because Derek was staring at me. It probably wasn't intentional but I just can't focus when he's looking at me. He's the most gorgeous man I've ever seen in my life. I want to tell him how much I like him but I just can't. He won't feel the same. I have to keep myself from thinking about him laying me in bed and pulling at my hair. That's why I'm growing it out, the thought of his fingers running through it as we lay in bed. I won't continue with my other thoughts of him.

"Hey Derek, can you try this??" I asked getting some of the sauce on the spoon for him.

The wolf didn't answer though, seeming to be lost in his thought. Isaac chuckling besides me.

"Derek?" I called again, shaking him from his thoughts.

"Yeah?" He asked looking from me to Isaac and back toward me.

I heard Isaac laugh beside me, "Can you try this?" I asked rolling my eyes fondly at him.

He nodded slightly, grabbing my hand and pulling the spoon toward his mouth. "It's amazing, Stiles." He smiled.

I couldn't help as the pride light up my whole being, "Awesome." Derek liked it and that's all I wanted.

I watched as he smiled again before pushing up from his spot and heading out of the kitchen.

"Why don't you just tell him?" Isaac whispered. I sighed, biting on my lip. "Now's a perfect time, nobody is here. I can stir the sauce." He wiggled his brows.

"I dunno, Is."

"Oh come on. If he doesn't feel the same then at least you'll know." He said taking the spoon from me to stir. "Don't you want to know?"

"Okay, okay. Fine." I sighed, "You're right."

I found Derek in his room looking through a plastic folder with a bunch of papers inside. "Hey." I said softly in the doorway.

He turned toward me and smiled, "Hi."

"Can we talk?"

Derek nodded, "Yeah, I actually wanted to talk to you too."

"You first?" I asked nervously, closing his bedroom door.

Derek took a deep breath, "I don't really know how to say this so umm..." He grabbed my hand, gaze set on the floor. "I know it's probably not the same for you but I can't stop thinking about it and I just really need you to know this and you don't have to say anything back but..."

"Der?" I squeezed your hand.

"I love you, Stiles." He said softly, "I love you so fucking much." I smiled at him seeing him look up at me again, "I don't expect anything but I just can't stop thinking about you and I need you to know because fuck I love you so goddamn much that it hurts."

I'm not sure how much I know my smile grew even more, "Derek, I love you too."

His face was blank for a moment as if he hadn't heard me, after a moment though he smiled brighter than I've ever seen. I didn't think he could look any better but I was wrong because he was the most handsome in this very moment and I only ever wanted to see that smile on his face for the rest of time.

"Really?" he whispered. I nodded, his hands coming up to rest on my cheeks as he leaned in slowly, his nose nudging mine before he pressed his lips against mine. I smiled into the kiss, wrapping my arms around him feeling him smile back.

"So, this means I can do that all the time, right?"

Derek chuckled a bit, "Please." He smiled kissing me again.

I only ever imagined that Derek would like be back, I never expected it to be a reality.