Comp 7 - crazy morning

* Crystalfirex for your crazy morning competition! *

This morning was all going great until my twin called me..

I pull the bed sheets off me, breathing in the fresh morning air. As I bend down to pick up my watch I notice Zia's bed, empty. I sigh to myself, she was probably at Kyle's again. After they made up a few weeks ago that's all she's been. What happend to sisters before misters? Luckily for her I'm an A-maz-ing twin and will cover for her.

I stretch out of bed and grab my phone, check for texts.

One from Callum. My heart flutters in admiration at him.

Hi honey, on our way home from California, can't wait to see you. Have a greas surprise!

Xox

My mind wanders as I think about him, I crave his touch and quickly reply.

Awesome sauce! Miss you Xox

I leave my room, carrying my phone in my right hand and clamber down the stairs and into the kitchen. My nose is greeted by the glorious smell of blue berry pancakes, mine and Zai's favourite. I sit down at our pine kitchen table and watch mum scuttle around the kitchen, grabbing a plate and then the pancakes. She hovered them over me, taunting me.

" Where is Zai?! " She demands, holding the plate above my head, making my mouth water.

" Ugh, ugh " I could hardly concentrate with those delicious pancakes hovering above me, golden, creamy...

" WHERE IS SHE ZARA! " She yells, snapping me out of my trance. I glance at her familiar face. I get my blond wavy hair from her. Me and my sister both have forest green eyes, from my dad. My heart droops at the thought of dad in prison, but i push it out of my mind, this was a great day so far!

" She went to Lynseys again " I lie simply, me and Lynsey and Zai are all best frirend, we cover for each other no matter what. I grab the plate of pancakes off her and walk to the garden. Sun splashes the greenery, spraying it in color. I smile at the cheerful sit and dig into my delicious pancakes, enjoying the texture.

I'm half way through my second pancake when my phone starts playing Fight song.

Zai is calling.

I cheerfully pick up my phone.

" Hello, what brings my lady at this hour? " I laugh, smiling.

" Zara, he has cheated on me again" I roll my eyes at this, unsupripsed. Me and Callum had a private bet, how long would there relation ship last. I betted at least a month, he won.

" What do you want me to do?" I question, concern in my voice.

" Come pick me up, quick, he's.. " I hear a scream in the back ground and the line cut off. Panicked I dial her number again.

Beep

Beep

Beep

Hey this is zai I'm unable to take your call pl..

Anger and worry flares through me, I chuck my phone across the grass, watching it roll over and over when it comes to a satisfieng. Stop. My adrenalin kicks in and I start to sprint towards the house. I grab my car keys from the kitchen table, get outside and climb into my red BMW.

**

The trees of the familiar road blurs as I drive fast, faster than i ever had before, then it suddenly occurred to me. She hadn't said where she was. I ponder for a moment then make a U turn. Horns beep around me but ignore it, including the stabbing pain in my stomach, periods. I swing the rear bumper across the road. I zoom forward, the lake, that's where they will be.

**

I reach the cliff, the blossom tree and the swing in a few minutes, speeding up to 120 MPH, at the moment I really didn't care for a speed ticket. I screeched to a hault and climb out of my car frantic. As soon as I open the door the smell of rotting flesh greets me. My heart speeds up, racing, almost if it needs to get to Zai, faster.

I sprint round the corner but recoil in horror. Lynsey. She layn across the ground, blood spattered her face, I darent look down. Tears prickle my eyes, I know she isn't breathing. The missing lift of her chest looms around me like a weight. I sprint on, if there is a chance Zai is alive I need to get her.

I turn to see Kyle, sat, hands over his face. Almost shaking. Whispering to him self

" Stopped, stopped , she stopped, Lynsey and Zai, why did I cheat, stopped, they stopp.."

My hands begin to shake and I take a hesitant step forward, I was wasting time.

" They stopped what! " I yell, wincing at my volume.

He pauses shaking and lifts his hands, reveiling to holes, holes where his eyes should be.

" Stopped, stopped breathing, the blood, everywhere, the horror, the sight, I needed to stop seeing it.. I ."

I clamp my hands over my ears, forcing myself not to believe it. It couldn't be true, I would felt something. Then I think back to the U turn and the period pain.. that wasn't a period pain.

I hold my breath, forcing myself not to scream, not to believe. Yet the proof was there. I ring, sprint, all the while holding my breath, not breathing not believing.

Then I reach the tree.

Her body laid across the swing, our swing. Her blood scattered across the roses we had entwined in the rope, my blood.

It was like seeing me dead.

It felt like I was dead inside

It feels like I can't breath

I scream

* wow 949 words or so, deep dude, I hope this is OK for you. Xox *