Comp 8 - horror

* icypenguin17 for your competition horror *

My sister died on my birthday

I walk along our corridor, near my room, keeping low. Its my birthday and , if its anything to judge by the previous years, stay in there, lock the door. I get to the end of the corridor, my room and an empty room. I had never been in there, mum had never mentioned it, dad never spoke of it.

I pull my hand towards the handle, feeling the cold metal to my hand. Suddenly, banging comes from the stairs.

Bang

Bang

My heart rate speeds up, it could be mum, but she was in her room, crying. Like she always did on my birthday, like I was a mistake and she wished I was someone else. I run into the room, panicked , shutting the door behind me.

In the room are little dolls in a china cabinet, there covered all in black dresses, almost as if there mourning, I shiver. Then there is the rest of the room. Completely destroyed, coverd in brown paint. I walk hesitantly up to a chair, bringing my hand to it, brushing it over. It comes back sticky and warm. I hold my breath, backing towards the door, but then I hear it. The slow turn.

Click

The lock.

I run to the door my heart pounding in my ears, I try to turn the lock but I can't. Warm covers my cheek, like someone's breath. I hold my own, standing stock still. Fingers creeps up my back, nails almost scraping it. I turn around slowly. My heart pounding.

My eyes recoil from the sight, it was me, me. Covered in blood, my black hair dripping down blood to. Tears stream down my eyes and I tug at the lock.

Click

I push out, screaming, not caring to lock the door behind me. I get to my room and slam the door shut. Opening the window.

I calm my breathing.

Creak

That's only mum or dad, I assure myself

Creak

" Oh Zara.. don't you miss your sister? " It echos through the room, hammering against my ears, my heart hammering. I rock back and forth on my bed, pulling the covers above me.

-back-

-forward-

Oh

-back-

Zara

-forward-

Let me

No! Go away, my body wants to scream, I keep my mouth shut.

-back-

-forward-

How you

I sit up listening, how I what

Killed me

I sit stock still, waiting.

**

My sister died on my birthday.

I died on my birthday dgpnbr

I killed her

She killed me dgpnbr

Now were properly twins

* so that's my entry! Tried my best, haven't dine this sort of story before, I'm sorry! I hope you enjoy, or cry * mwuahhhh * *

* 447 word count or so *