Chapter Twelve

I was staring across the Garrison at Tommy who was joking around with his brothers, laughing loudly. Four women had tried to flirt their way into his bed and each time he had at me, winked, then sent them away. At first I'd been watching him to figure out why he was ignoring the other women. But now, I was just staring at him craving the taste of dark whisky and cigarettes on Tommy's lips. I was so busy day dreaming that I hadn't noticed the Blinder cross the room and move through the crowded pub to stand next to me and when I looked up to see who was talking to me. I jumped when I realized I'd been staring at his empty seat.

"Do you want a drink?" He asked me. A smirk playing with the edges of his plump lips, I blinked a few times and shook my head. He nodded and asked for another bottle of whisky. It had been almost three weeks since Tommy had kissed me and I felt myself growing more and more attached to him with each passing day. I had noticed the difference in the way people treated me since that night some would duck out of my way, others avoided me completely and Poll had told me I had to start calling her Aunt Poll. I'd managed to get Finn to squeal on Tommy and it turned out he'd told everyone I was helplessly in love with him and we'd probably be married by the end of the week.

I decided, on the advice of Aunt Poll, who seemed an expert at getting even with people, to stop talking to Tommy and even avoid his affections. However this backfired when his retaliation was to become inappropriately seductive then ignore me when I finally gave in and almost let him kiss me again. That was why instead of sitting at the table with Esme, Tommy and the boys I was sat at the bar drinking icy cold water.

"Alright Miss aint you a cutie?" A handsome man who was clearly drunk beyond reason stumbled up to me and placed a large calloused hand on my back. I smiled uncomfortably and tried to move away.

The bartender tried to get the man to leave me alone, informing us that Tommy was watching, and that letting go before he retaliated would probably be a good idea. The drunken man however yanked me off my bar stool and in the next instant the bar was silent as Tommy, John and Arthur had pinned the man up one of the pillars. Tommy was standing between me and the drunken man and I smiled as his fingers twisted into mine. The man managed to shake off John and was trying to push passed Tommy to get to me. I gripped onto the back of Tommy's jacket with my spare hand as the drunk punched Tommy in the face and Arthur lost it as he began pummeling the drunk into the ground.

"Take er I got 'im." John said, indicating to his frantic brother who was snarling and swearing violently. Tommy pulled me through the pub and out into the cold air without saying anything, he dropped my hand momentarily and slid his arm around my waist taking my hand in his again, pulling a cigarette out of his breast pocket. I rolled my eyes as he tried to light it with one hand and struck the match for him.

Once we were inside Tommy slid his jacket off and dumped it onto the new sofa and did the same with his cap. I sighed as I moved it onto the table so no one would sit on it and turned to face him. He was looking at me hungrily, his breath heavy. I could feel warmth flood my face and tried to walk past him but he grabbed me by the hips pulling my back against his chest and began kissing my neck. His fingers played with the buttons of my deep red blouse as if he were waiting for me to say that he could undo them.

I gasped his name as he sucked on a spot at the base of my neck, smirking against my skin and quickly undid the buttons his hands felt warm through my thin petticoat. He moaned against my skin as his hands began to wonder across my upper body. A small nervous squeak fell past my lips as his hips ground into me pushing his length against my back. The daunting thought of what Tommy wanted from me ruined the moment and I quickly slid out of his grasp and hurried into my bedroom locking the door behind me.

************************************

When I emerged fully dressed a few hours later I discovered Tommy sat watching the fire listening to the radio, he leaned forwards flicking ash from his cigarette into the ashtray on the table and leaned back into the sofa. He moved to sit up straight when he saw me and looked at me awkwardly.

"Come sit with me?" He offered a devious innocence playing across his face "I'll be a good Blinder." He said the last part with a smile that was contagious. I crossed the room and let him pull me into his side leaning my head into his neck.

"That Irish Copper says, there's nothing good about those bloody Blinders." I made him laugh as I did my best impression of the old Officer. I couldn't help myself as I began tracing Tommy's jawline and neck.

"I try my best." Tommy mumbled as he took a deep drag from his cigarette and looked down at me frowning as if to blame me for his brash behavior I gave him a shy smile and took my hand away placing it in my lap.

"Tommy?" I asked sweetly, making him hum indicating that he was listening. "What are you going to do to the man from the pub?" I asked. Worried about what Tommy might do to him.

"Did he hurt you?" Tommy asked after some thought.

"No." I said shaking my head against his shoulder.

"Well if he had I'd have hurt him." He said as he moved in his seat. "More than we already did." He added as I sat up and narrowed my eyes at him as we both thought back to the beating Arthur gave the drunk. I nodded satisfied with his answer and found myself daydreaming about Tommy again. He said nothing as my eyes glazed over and I stared up at him. He leaned forwards and flicked his cigarette butt into the fire and looked down at me.

Slowly he slid a hand up my leg and pulled me so my legs were either side of him and used one hand to roll my hips against his, making me moan a little.

"Tommy you said you'd be good." I whispered as he used his free hand to tangle into my hair and pull me down to his lips, I wrapped my arms around his neck and he slid his hand out of my hair to my other hip as I began kissing him back.

"Lola. I said I'd try my best." He murmured against my lips, his voice broken with lust.