Chapter Thirteen

"Oi Tommy." Arthur's voice pulled Tommy's attention from me and he quickly stood from the sofa and carried me to my room, setting me on the floor and stepping away from me, just as Arthur walked in.

"Yeah?" Tommy said trying to shake the lustful urges from his body, I decided to be cruel and began un-tucking the back of his shirt till I could slide my hand against his skin, I felt him tense at the touch but when he glanced at me to tell me to stop I looked up at the oblivious Arthur and smiled sweetly.

"Sorted that fella out, he comes near you again you just tell us." I nodded at Arthur and ran my nails down Tommy's back, making him grunt, Arthur gave me a look and I shrugged at him. Arthur stayed until half two in the morning and I took every chance I could to wind up Tommy as much as possible. I regretted it once Arthur had gone because a furious Tommy pinned me up against the kitchen wall.

"Can I help you Tommy?" I giggled as I poked him hoping to remove his burning gaze from me.

"No." Tommy said finally and stomped away grumpily.

Two years later:

"Tommy, John says to sign these." I said as I walked into Tommy's office without knocking, a man who Esme had informed me was called Sabini was sitting in the chair opposite Tommy, who was looking at me furiously.

"What a beauty Mr Shelby, I bet you can't keep your hands off her." I was going to reply with a sarcastic comment when the stranger pulled me onto his lap, I glanced at Tommy with wide eyes but his face was a mask of stillness although a dark fury flashed over his face and his jaw twitched.

Tommy and the Italian began talking and by the end of it Tommy had managed to offend the man who tipped me off his lap and slapped my behind as he left telling me Tommy could send me to London to fix his mistakes.

"I'm sorry." I whispered hoping Tommy wasn't too mad at me; he beckoned me over to his desk and planted me on his lap.

"It's fine, I just need to find a way to get rid of him." Tommy said placing his hand on my hip and began rubbing circles on my waist. Over the last two years Tommy's reputation had grown and there was now a Shelby Bookie in London and Cheltenham.

"You could get his wife to divorce him?" I offered thinking about how one of the girls in our road had gotten almost everything her ex-husband had owned through a divorce. Tommy chuckled and tilted my chin down so he could kiss me.

"How have you stayed so innocent after all this time with me?" He asked. He leant in to kiss me again before turning his attention to the paperwork John had sent me up with an hour ago. John burst in as if knowing I had been thinking about him and looked us over.

"What the bloody hell's takin so long?" He asked and Tommy explained what happened with Sabini John looked at me and made a grossed out face.

"That old guy was touching you, gross." He said sympathetically I rolled my eyes and smiled as Tommy finished the paperwork and slid it across that table to John.

"Oh, by the way... Poll says there's some old gypsy guy that has a coin for you?" John said spinning around and giving me a look like he wanted me to confirm I knew him. I clapped my hands together and squealed, abandoning Tommy's lap and hurtling down the stairs shouting my apologies as I disturbed Michael in his new office.

"Uncle Rupert." I yelled as I burst into Polly's office and wrapped my arms around his neck, my uncle swung me around a little laughing at the greeting I'd been giving him since I could walk.

"Lola bear look at you, so grown up." He chuckled and pulled out a small brown bag from his pocket which I knew was filled with tiny trinkets he'd collected on his travels, Poll sat down and watched us talk over everything in the bag in great detail.

"Poll, do you know where Lola went?" Tommy asked as he walked into the room looking surprised to see us, I grinned at him and pulled my uncle Rupert over to Tommy.

"This is Tomm... Mr Shelby." I corrected myself making Tommy chuckle, he held out a hand but my uncle didn't take it instead he circled Tommy and nodded approvingly.

"He's a good un." My uncle said finally shaking his hand before turning to me with a wild look in his eyes. "I've still got your twentieth birthday present took me two and a half years to bloody find you."

Without any warning my Uncle Gripped my arm and dragged me out of the Bookies, we walked down towards the docks but turned down a road just before we got to Charlie Strong's yard and we were soon outside of Birmingham. I looked around nervously knowing that there were Peaky Blinders around this area and would no doubt have sent word to the Shelbys that I was on the outskirts of town.

"Tada." My uncle declared as we walked to a field where his caravan was parked and next to it was the most beautiful dapple grey racehorse I had ever seen.

"He looks just like that one in the pictures of mother's." I whispered to him.

"I know, he's been breed from your Mother's horse, there were a few others but only the best for my niece." I grinned at my Uncle and clambered over the fence hurrying over to the horse fussing and petting it. I pulled myself up and began riding around the small field bare back and on my fourth time round I realized Tommy was standing with my Uncle watching me carefully.

"Cheeky Blinder." I muttered to myself as I saw them shaking hands no doubt Tommy had made a deal to get a decent race horse. Tommy opened the field's gate and came over to me taking the lead rope from my hands and directed the horse onto the main road.

"We're gonna take him to Curly then, If we can't buy this field, we'll have to send him up to Danny, the smoke won't do him no good." I frowned at Tommy curiously, he never cared this much about a horse's well-being but then again the Blinder wasn't stupid he'd seen my pictures of my Mother riding.

"Thank you Tommy." I leaned down and kissed his temple making my Uncle clear his throat rather loudly in disapproval.

"Wait for that will you." I was going to ask my Uncle what he meant but Tommy sped up and soon my uncle was a black smudge against a white smog.