A Lucky Shot {A Greyson Chance Fan Fiction}

Part One

My alarm buzzed on my bedside table.  I opened my eyes and switched it off, still groggy from sleep.  I was still half asleep but I navigated my room; avioding piles of clothes and books.  A colourful calander hung on the wall, crosses marking the days which had passed.  I reached for the red marker pen next to it and crossed yesterdays date.

Hang on.

18th November.  Today was the day.  My eyes snapped open, and my brain went into overdrive.  How could I forget?!  Today was the day I met Greyson Chance.  I had been counting the years, months, days until this very day and I had forgot?  Man, I really needed to concentrate more.  My stomach erupted into butterflies, my iPod timer going off and blasting Greyson's music from its speakers.  My whole body filled with happy, bubbliness as it always did when I listened to him.  He saved my life, and today I could thank him personally.

Greyson had never been to my part of the country before, but his fans convinced him to visit.  He arrived late last night, awakening me with a tweet alert ('Loving the city, why did I not come here before?  Can't wait to see you guys, love you all').  After a few tweets back, that I had long accepted would not be replied to but a girl can hope, I had fallen back to sleep.

I glanced to the corner of my room where my clothes were set out.  My black leggings hung on the arm of a chair, covering my Greyson Chance top which was great for my figure (I think.  I’ve never been very confident in myself).  My bare feet directed me downstairs as my mind was filled to the brim with Greyson Chance.

When I got downstairs and into the kitchen, I saw the familiar note left lying on the kitchen table.  My mum started her work very early so she was often gone when I woke up.  I liked the notes.  They reminded me that even if she isn’t here, her love is with me every second of the day.  I flicked the note open.

‘Kayley, good luck for today!  Hope everything goes as planned and that you enjoy yourself!  Take your camera and video everything, I want to hear about your day over dinner!  Usual rules apply: don’t get trampled or kidnapped.  Emma will be here at 10am to pick you up, don’t be late.  Have fun baby girl, love you always, mum xo.’

Underneath was a list of chores I would make an excuse not to do.  Excuse one:  I was meeting GREYSON CHANCE!!  The wooden clock told me it was 8:45am, so I had just over an hour.  A shiny apple was in my hand as I walked back up the stairs to get ready.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

An hour later, I was putting my makeup on, remembering not to lather it on just like Greyson likes.  My blonde hair was in small, almost unnoticeable, curls.  My outfit looked perfect with the makeup – subtle blusher, small amounts of foundation and a nude coloured eye shadow.  I had 15 minutes to kill, what was I going to do?  Greyson’s voice still poured from the speakers and I found myself singing along.

‘This feels a lot like love

Greyson, Greyson, Greyson, you’re the one for me!’  I sang, prancing around my room like an extremely clumsy ballerina. 

I was so happy.  I don’t think there’s a word to explain how I felt, my emotions clashed with each other.  I was happy, excited and joyous because I was meeting Greyson, but I was also extremely nervous, sad and anxious because I know that no matter how much I stand out, Greyson will think of me as ‘just another fan’.  The thought dwelled in my brain and filled me with dread.  What if the fan fictions I had read were not going to come true?  In every situation, the fan got the celebrity.  What if my life wasn’t like that?  I sat down on my creaky bed and put my head in my hands.  Oh god... Did I even want to go?  I sat like that until my doorbell rang out, filling the silence.

My best friend Emma stood at the door, wearing a neon green top bearing the words 'OMG Grey-Grey ily sooo much!' that were obviously written on by herself.  Her neon orange short-shorts clashed with the top, but I didn't dare tell her.  She was not wearing makeup as usual and her frizzy, Hermione-like hair was combed back into a ponytail at the nape of her neck.  She may be strange, but Greyson would definitely notice us now.

'Hey girl!  Come on, lets go go go!' she yelled.  I'd never seen her so excited before.

I laughed, 'Okay, okay!  Give me a chance to get out of the door please!'

'Comeoncomeonwe'regoingtobelatepleasehurryomgomgomgIactuallycan'twait' Emma said at the speed of light.  As I turned to face her I noticed a packet of sugary sweets sticking out of her pocket.

'Umm, Emma?  Are you supposed to have these?  I thought your mum didn't let you have sugar since it makes you..well...like this.' I asked nervously.  Please don't get angry, please don't get angry, I silently begged.

She grinned like a Cheshire cat, 'Special occasion.'

Her iron arms dragged me to the cherry red car in the street.  Emmas mum, Dawn poked her head out of the drivers window and waved.  I smiled, she was like a second mum to me.  I hopped in and buckled my seatbelt.  Emma leaped in and switched on the CD player.  Greyson's angelic voice filled the car, making me erase any doubts I had been having since my sitting-down-on-the-bed-with-head-in-hands situation.  He made me so calm.

We kept quiet for the whole journey, abiding the one unspoken rule of the car: Never speak when Greyson is singing.  A few minutes later, Emma and I were mouthing the words to 'Slipping Away' when Dawn cleared her throat.  We were here.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mazes of Enchancers were sitting in some sort of line.  We were not at the back, but around the middle.  I hadn't realised how many Greyson fans there were in my city.  So many friends that could have been made.  Bodyguards lined the fences holding us in a straight line and broke up fights between jealous girls.  Emma was told that the concert was first, then followed by the signing.  We were gaining many stares from other girls, most of them looking curiously at Emma.  I didn't blame them.

The endless line lurched forwards as bodyguards opened the doors to the stage.  Me and Emma were pushed along with the crowd as they directed us to our seats for us.  I sat down at the same time as Emma and clutched the edge of the seat.  No one was going to get this seat from me, it was so close to the stage.  One row from the front.

Everyone was seated and waiting in anticipation.  Seconds passed by in minutes.  The tension bounced through the air and off the walls.

A piano started playing.

The crowd erupted into cheers.

He was there.  Right there.  The real, one and only, Greyson Chance.

And he was looking straight at me.