Proud ~ Austria X Reader

You changed into something slightly fancy. Not too fancy. It was only an elementary school piano recital after all. Your daughter would be participating in it. She was an amazing piano player. Her father had taught her every thing she knows.

"Ready to go?" Your husband, Roderich, came up behind you and placed a hand on your waist. You turned around to face him and he smiled. "(Daughter's name) is in the car. She is very excited."

A soft smile formed on your lips. "She should be." You stood closer to him. "She has the best teacher, after all."

Roderich smiled and tilted your head up, planting a soft kiss on your lips. "Let's go." He took your hand and lead you out of your shared bedroom and to the car.

(D/n) was almost bouncing in her seat she was so excited. She jabbered on the whole way to the theater what pieces she would perform and when daddy taught them to her.

You glanced over at Roderich as he drove. He was smiling. Before the two of you had (D/n), when you were pregnant, he was the biggest worry wart you had ever known. He never really smiled then.

Your family arrived at the theatre and Roderich dropped you and (D/n) off at the front door. He told you he would meet you in the concert hall once he had parked.

(D/n) took your hand and dragged you into the hall. She found three seats in the front row and placed her coat on one of them. "I'm saving it for daddy." She said.

Roderich joined you in the hall and the recital began. Your husband smiled lightly as children passed one by one, playing choppy songs. Perhaps it was because he knew (D/n) would win.

Once your daughter was called up, Roderich squeezed your hand and scooted closer to you. (D/n) slid herself onto the piano bench and placed her hands on the keys. She straightened her back and began playing a beautiful song you had never heard before.

Roderich stiffened. This was not the piece he had planned. However, the piece your daughter was playing was ten times more beautiful than the songs she had practiced.

(D/n)'s piece flourished to an end and the room was flooded with applause. Roderich was still stiff backed. As your blushing daughter found her way back to her seat, Roderich tried to relax.

The winners were announced. (D/n) came in second. When you were all piled back in the car, Roderich finally talked.

"What was that song?" He asked quietly. A slight amount of tension rippled through the air.

"I worte it." (D/n) smiled at her father in the rearview mirror. "I titled it Proud. I wrote it for you and mama."

A small smile formed on Roderich's lips. He reached across the console and squeezed your hand once. "We made a beautiful human being." He smiled.

You squeezed his hand back. "Good job."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(For @katsume_nya)
I'm so sorry for never updating :( school has just started and I have a crappy schedule.
Math
Physics
Chem
French (my only easy class)
I also have no friends at my new school but I don't really care (yes I do).
Also hockey! I'm trying out for a AAA team (highest level) and have made it so far. I'll be updating on weekends though! Don't give up on me just yet... you're my only companions ;_;