Ch 26: Kiss me you Idiot Before I Regain Proper Brain Function.

A/N: I decided to just be a moron and start referring to Thanatos and Jinx as Thinx because it sounds like thinks (which my characters so rarely do) and I'm to lazy to type both their names in an authors note.

You are so welcome for the ship name.

~~

Jinx POV:

Thanatos was still asleep beside me when my eyes fluttered open in the morning.

Sometime in the night he had wrapped his arms around me, effectively shielding me from the cold of the open window.

leaning on my elbow I studied him, his sharp featured and long lashes.

His straight nose and strong jaw line.

His soft lips.

I bit my own bottom lip as I looked down at him, brushing a messy black lock of hair from his face. My fingers traced his temple, the sharp angles of his cheekbones, and momentarily brushed over his lips.

I had no idea why but I really wanted to kiss him again, I mean he's done it twice now without asking..so it wouldn't be creepy if I did.

But you were awake both times you moron. He on the other hand is out cold.

I sighed, unsure. He was always so good to me, strange but sweet. Maybe it wasn't even attraction that made me want to kiss him.

He shifted slightly his arms tightening around me, pressing me against him.

No..I defiantly find him attractive, he was all toned muscle and it was both alluring and comforting to be in his arms.

My gaze flickered over his face again.

I have morning breath I really shouldn't kiss him.

...but its not like I can just leave his hold.

and he was alive when toothpaste didn't even exist whats a little morning breath?

Slowly, tentatively, I cupped his cheek in my small hand and leaned in letting my lips whisper against his own. Adding a bit of pressure when he didn't even stir.

There I kissed him.

Pulling away I found myself suddenly trapped, my body pinned against his and fingers in my hair, "...not even a kiss."

My jaw dropped, "Than-"

"...more like this."

Holy crap he did it again. 

He pulled me to him, on top of him as his lips moved again mine.

I felt feverish at the first swipe of his tongue across my lips, and nuclear when I fully straddled him and any theory of him even being mildly asexual flew out the window.

Seeming to sense my thoughts he pulled away, "...are you okay doll?"

I nodded laughing a bit nervously, "never thought I would ever see you...uhm excited."

The corners of his lips tugged up, "are you displeased?"

Uh no. Actually pretty proud of myself but he didn't have to know that. "Well no, surprised though."

"...did you not think my body functioned properly?"

Now I was embarrassed, "Well I...you just don't seem like you would, be interested."

"...I am very interested in you little fox."

Damn it, what the fuck he was actually smooth. "I uh.." oh fuck it. "Just kiss me you idiot before I regain proper brain function."

His lips sealed against my own, taking a leisurely pace, teasing me with the occasional flick of the tongue. My red hair creating a curtain around us and the silky sheets incasing us in our own little ocean of bliss.

He pulled away first fingers brushing my cheek before lifting me off him, "...need to work."

"Oh...its Saturday..maybe you want to take the day off and do something?"

Was I seriously trying to go on a date with death?

Yes. Yes I was because fuck it he's a great kisser, he nice, and he's hot. 

We can always work on communication issues later.

"...do something?"

I nodded, "yeah like a uh a date?"

He seemed to think it over, eyes scanning my disheveled hair and black night gown, "...need to work tomorrow then."

I bit back a grin, "Okay, well do you like art?"

He nodded slowly.

Great, this is good, "there is a new exhibit in the museum downtown  if you want to go."

"...would you enjoy it?"

"I think so."

"..then we will go there."

I smiled a bit at that, I never got to pick where I went on dates before, guys had always insisted they knew this 'great place' and I would end up doing things they would do with their guy friends because I caused a lot of trouble and was often described as a 'cool chick' apparently to morons that meant I didn't like being treated like a girl or doing girl things.

I was no daisy picking picnic lover but I liked the idea of hand holding walks through parks and stupid art museums and stuff.

I mean Thanatos even took me shopping once.

In paris.

It wasn't romantic but it was more than any of my so called boyfriends ever did, my last ex did take me shopping once but he only wanted to go and get all the skimpy stuff.

I wear one bikini and Thanatos throws a t shirt at me.

"Hey Thanatos?"

"yes?"

"Can I call you Than?"

"...my name is not Than."

I rolled my eyes, to be honest when my brother just said it last night I liked it and wanted to try it but he didn't need to know that, "Its like a nickname. You know something people give to one another when they are close, sort of like how you call me doll, and little fox, and charm...and tiny flame."

Why the fuck did he have so many pet names for me?

"..okay."

I smiled, "okay! give me like ten minutes and I'll be ready," Running my hand through my bangs I made a face, "make that twenty, go downstairs and I dunno eat something just make sure my siblings don't see you walking down there."

"...I do not need to eat."

Why can't he let me pretend the only nice guy I get to go on a date with is human? "Then drink something or do whatever Thanatos's do."

"..I bring death."

"Okay maybe don't do what Thanatos's do."

He nodded walking from the room.

I heaved a sigh, "what the hell am I doing?"