Ch 43: I Cannot Allow you to Leave

A/N: If you guys haven't already checked it out I thought y'all might wanna know, I STARTED ANOTHER BOOK! its called Thy Kingdom Come.

its assassins, revenge, and sexiness.

~~

Jinx POV:

A soft sigh escaped my lips as I sank further into the bathing pool.

This was a dream.

But it would have to end soon.

I did have a family after all. and now that I was tethered to Thanatos I wasn't in any danger anymore.

He wouldn't be happy that I wasn't going to cuddle with him every day anymore but I knew if I just calmly explained to him why it was I couldn't just stay here forever and abandon my family he would understand. Than cared enough about me to understand that.

I looked around the huge room, heavily inspired by greek and roman architecture. I would really miss this bath.

And Thanatos himself.

Slowly I rose from the watters drying off as the odd magic of this dimension put my hair into an elegant twist, a dress following suit not long after.

again. it wasn't my style, i was starting to miss my clothes. my fishnet shirts and hat collection.

I felt my hair fall loose and my outfit shift. I looked over myself in one of many mirrors in the room.

I looked like me again...A prettier more doll like me.

looking for a moment longer I wondered how Than would react to seeing me like this again. I have been wearing the frilly crap the house gives me lately, I know he likes it and thinks it suits my doll like features. And it does I look pretty in it all..but I miss my rough around the edges look. I felt better in these clothes than elegant dresses and fancy hair does.

I brushed a wild auburn red lock from my face.

It was time I sat down and talked with Thanatos.

~~

"I refuse."

My jaw dropped. "But-"

Than reached over and removed my beanie. staring at me for a second before putting it back on me, "...you look cute in these."

I blushed faintly. But I was still mad, "Than. You can't tell me I can't be with my family."

"...I do not want you to leave..Will not allow it."

"I'll still work with you."

He shook his head. "Not safe."

I sighed heavily. "And why not?"

He seemed to hesitate.

Then he looked away from me. Because you know. thats not suspicious at all. "Thanatos."

He slowly met my gaze, "yes doll?"

I licked my lips, faintly tasting the cherry chapstick there, "What are you hiding from me?"

Waiting for a reply from this man has never been more difficult, "...I am never taking you to see hell."

I glared at him, "what does that have to do with anything?"

Again he was hesitant. "...Gabriel shot a woman named grace with a blessed arrow?"

I rose a brow "Oh so hes cupid now?"

"...this is serious doll."

I sighed, "okay so why did Gabriel shoot her?"

"...because she's leviathans."

My brows furrowed, isnt that the devil? Thans old friend? "Uh so she was like evil?"

"...no she was innocent in all of this..died because he had wanted her."

My heart hurt a bit for this girl. Just because the devil wanted her as a chew toy they killed her? "thats so fucked up Than, she didn't do anything."

"...you are angry."

"Because Gabriel killed some girl for no reason!"

"..i am sorry doll. It is how things work when it comes to Leviathan. He is too dangerous to allow un watched."

I pursed my lips. Deciding to let this go for now, it was too late anyways that girl was gone. "I still don't understand what this has to do with me."

A faint look of anger flickered over his features, "...I know Leviathan..He is going to try to kill you."

"But Im tethered to you. Death. Is that even possible?"

He played with a lock of my fiery hair, "...no but dragging you into hell for a forced eternity is...as soon as he figures out you are now immortal because you are linked to me and unholy blades will not work...he will take you away from me."

I took his hand in my own. "But you can go to hell."

"...he would have you consume his blood. There is no saving one who consumes the blood of Leviathan...this is why I cannot allow you to leave my side Jinx."