Chapter 2 - The Effects

Percy and Jason were walking side by side as they headed to the pavilion. Though, Percy was occasionally bumping into people, due to the fact that he was staring awe at Jason. Was he always this... hot?

In Percy's defense, it was hard to not look at him. High cheekbones that could only belong to a god, pearly white teeth that complimented his charming smile, electric blue eyes that held authority, along with kindness and a bit of insecurity... Gods, he was perfect on the outside, and in the inside. Percy completely understood why Piper would date him.

Jason began to notice that Percy was staring. He was a little confused and creeped out by it. "Percy? Is there something wrong?" He asked.

The sea green eyes demigod couldn't help but think how cute- different Jason looked with one eyebrow quirked up. Percy turned as red as a tomato at that thought. "No, s-sorry, I just..."

What was this feeling he had? It was the same one he endures when he sees Annabeth... But it couldn't be that, right? It couldn't be love.

With every step Jason took, that feeling (presumed to be love) grew. Soon, it became unbearable for the son of Poseidon. He had to confess. By that time, the two demigods had made it to the pavilion.

"Jason, I-"

He was cut short by his girlfriend calling his name. Thank gods for Annabeth, or there would be a really flustered Percy talking to a really confused Jason.

When he saw Annabeth, that 'feeling' (aka, love) for Jason vanished and began to grow for Annabeth. Unlike when the feeling came for Jason, Percy didn't question the feeling for Annabeth. This was normal.

The raven haired demigod walked over to the blonde haired demigod. Annabeth, who was reading a book about architecture (surprise, surprise), suddenly found herself pulled into a hug by two tan, muscular arms.

"Hi, Wise Girl." Percy smiled, kissing her on the cheek. He sighed. "I don't think there are even words to describe how much I love you." He said, slightly rocking back and forth.

"Aw, thanks?" Annabeth said, though it sounded more like a question. She was a bit confused why Percy was acting like one those boyfriends from a cheesy movie. Still, she didn't look up from her book.

Percy laid his head on the daughter of Athena's while mumbling, "...love you... so much..."

Okay, this was getting a bit weird. Percy was romantic at times, but this was a little over the top. Annabeth finally shut the book and looked up, only to see his new rose pink colored eyes. "What-"

Percy brushed his lips on her lips, interrupting her question. The kiss was soft yet passionate, almost as if he was just trying to silence and make her enjoy the moment.

Once they broke away, the grey eyed beauty spoke. "Um, Percy?"

"Hm?" Percy hummed, his hands slipping around her waist. His eyes were half-lidded, drugged with love.

"Do you know your eyes are pink?"

"Okay."

"That's not the answer I was looking for." Annabeth said, struggling to get out of Percy's hug. Gods, that guy was hard to escape if he hugged you.