Chapter 5 - The Spell Wears Off

Half an hour later, Percy woke up groaning with a frown on his face. Annabeth had to admit, when his eyebrows were furrowed like that, he looked incredibly cute.

As he stood up, he and Annabeth's eyes locked. Sure enough, he had blood red eyes, just like Cupid's.

They were so... intriguing. And beautiful. The way the bright red swirled with the dark red- Annabeth had never seen someone up close with those color eyes.

But there was something different about these eyes. They held that kind of taunting look; As if they knew what you were thinking and said 'Oh, you want me? Bring it.'.

Unfortunately, Annabeth was too busy looking at Percy's new "gorgeous" eyes and didn't notice. She was also too busy to notice he had taken off his shirt and was already standing in front of her.

This time, Annabeth was too busy staring in awe at Percy's chest (When did he get so ripped?!) to notice his hands slipping underneath her shirt, slowly pulling it up over her head. Soon enough, her shirt was off too.

Percy put his hands on her waist and begun to passionately kiss her cheeks, purposely missing her lips. "Oops, I missed." He said sarcastically, kissing her cheek once again. "Oh, no. I did it again. Clumsy me."

Annabeth put her hands around his neck and pulled him closer, causing him to actually not miss her lips. When they broke away, Annabeth said, "There, you did it."

Percy chuckled lowly. "Yeah, I did."

Annabeth kind of liked this side of Percy. She and he had never done this before and she wanted to try it out. Buuuut, she would have to keep it semi-PG. Nico, Jason, and Piper were in the room.

She snuggled her head into his chest and wrapped her arms around him. Percy returned the hug, sliding his hands down to her waist, and smiled.

Annabeth snorted. "You smell like the ocean." She said, her voice muffled.

"What do you expect? And how do you know? Are you sniffing me?" Percy asked, raising an eyebrow while he smirked.

"Not on purpose." Annabeth defended herself. "And I'm just pointing that out because no one else smells like that."

Percy laughed. "If you think I smell like the ocean, you should smell my da-" He cut himself off. "No, don't smell my dad. That would be weird."

It was Annabeth's turn to laugh. "Don't plan on it."

Percy planted a soft kiss to the top of her head. "I'm going to go now."

"What? You're leaving?" Annabeth asked, looking back up at him.

"No, I'm going to pass out." He informed her. Now that he mentions it, he does look a little pale. He let go of Annabeth's waist and sat down on his bed.

"Why are you going to pass out?" Piper asked. Dear gods, she hoped Percy wouldn't pounce on her.

Percy shook his head. "'Fects... 'nding." He mumbled, then passed out cold on his bed.

"I think he means that's the end of the scarf's effect, so he should be back to normal when he wakes up." Nico said as Annabeth put her shirt back on.

"Good, because I don't want to have to deal with that again." Jason said, with a facial expression that said 'I'm scarred for life'.

"...Sorry." Percy mumbled in his sleep, as if he were listening.

"It's okay." Jason said back, though Percy didn't respond. Maybe he was just sleep talking...

------------------

Percy woke up with a pounding headache. "Jeez, did someone hit me with a frying pan?" He muttered to himself, unaware that his friends were there. He looked down to see himself shirtless. "And why don't I have a shirt on?" He added as an afterthought.

"Well, it was Coach Hedge, and he hit you with a baseball bat." Piper answered. "My fault, I was the one who got him."

"What? Why?" Percy asked, then his normal sea green eyes (Thank gods!) widened. "Please don't tell me it was eidolons."

"I wish." Jason muttered, earning a smack on the arm from Piper.

"No, um, it was worse." Annabeth said.

Before Percy could think of an answer, Annabeth explained. By the end of it, Percy's face was as red as Aphrodite's lipstick.

"So, yeah. That's why." Annabeth finished.

"Oh gods, sorry guys." Percy apologized. "I should've been able to stop myself."

"It's not your fault. Aphrodite's magic is strong. Many heroes couldn't resist her powers." Annabeth replied.

"Why, thank you!" A silky voice exclaimed, followed by the heavy smell of perfume.

"Mom!" Piper yelled at the love goddess standing in the doorway of Cabin 3. "What the heck?! Why did you leave your scarf in Percy's cabin?!"

"Sorry, hun." She apologized to Percy. "I must have dropped in on accident."

"But why were you in here in the first place?" Nico asked. He did not like the love goddess, and you can probably tell why.

"That is a secret." Aphrodite smirked, winking at Percy, who turned away in embarrassment.

Annabeth was suspicious. "Percy?"

"Um, nothing. I'm going to bed now. Bye!" The son of the sea god, somehow, made himself fall asleep.

"Well, I must be going. Bye, dear!" Aphrodite waved at her daughter, then flashed out with her scarf.

"I'm so glad that's over." Annabeth said.

Nico and Jason nodded. "Agreed."

------------------

(A/N: Oh my god, I DID IT! I finally finished a fanfiction! It's only got 5 chapters, but I STILL DID IT! This was originally going to be a one-shot, but it's like 4000 words, so I just decided to split it up. :P

Oh, and if you add this story to your library and it says I "updated", I didn't. I'm just fixing some errors I didn't catch when I was editing it.)