Prologue

"Polar... Star?"

The young brunette hummed as she tilted her head to the side as she furrowed her thin brows in confusion. The building looked remarkably old, even possibly abandoned with vibrant green ivy climbing the exterior. She was convinced was in the wrong place, and seen as the Totsuki Culinary Academy was ridiculously enormous, it was very likely that she had gotten lost and arrived at the wrong location.

As the sun dipped below the wooded horizon, lights flickered within the old, dusty windows. The girl gasped, suddenly feeling relieved that she may be in the correct place.

She approached the old, chipped door, and just as she raised her small fist to rap on its rough wooden surface, someone opened it before her.

She froze, suddenly paralyzed with shock, horror, and embarrassment. A young man, appearing to be the same age as her, with soft-looking chestnut-colored curls and a cheeky grin, stood in the doorway, wearing absolutely nothing but a childish pink apron.

"Ah!" The girl turned away, covering her pale, sandy-colored eyes as well as the ferocious blush on her cheeks. "I'm sorry! I must be in the wrong place!" She squealed and turned to rush off of the porch steps.

"Oh, wait!" The strange, barely dressed boy called after her, keeping her from running away. "You're one of the transfer students, right?"

"Hm?" She cautiously raised her head, careful not to look anywhere besides the boy's face, fearing she would become to flustered and embarrassed to function. "Yes, I am." She muttered shyly.

"Harumi Sayuri, right?"

"Um, yes. How do you -"

"You introduced yourself at the High school Division entrance ceremony." He interrupted. "Are you looking for the Polar Star Dormitory, perhaps?" He hummed in a mysterious manner and arched a brow, revealing the stunning blue of his irises.

She nodded slowly.

"Good news!" The boy cheered. "You are in the right place." His lips parted to show his brilliant white smile.

"Really?" The girl gasped in slight disbelief.

"Yep!"

"Then..." Her quiet, gentle voice trailed, unsure of how to address the strangeness of the boy's lack of clothing.

He slung his oddly muscular arm over her shoulders, making her feel uncomfortable next to his practically nude form. "I would say 'welcome to the dorm,' but you haven't passed our dorm mother Fumio's exam." He chuckled with strange deviousness.

"... exam?" She questioned as he began to casually lead her back to the old, crumpling frame of the dormitory.

"Fufu, hopefully you'll pass." He sung excitedly. "You'll be fun to have around."

As they entered the main hall of the old dormitory, the girl couldn't suppress a gasp. Despite the outer, abandoned-like appearance of the western-style building, the inside was surprisingly well-kept and clean. It hinted at a past glory that could be felt in the atmosphere.

A shorter, grey-haired woman who had wrinkles pressed across her elderly face stood confidently, folding her arms over her sagged chest. "Do you plan to stay in this dorm?" She questioned with a harsh, raspy voice.

"U-um, yes. This is the dorm I was assigned to stay in." Harumi bowed respectfully, tucking a mocha-colored curl behind her ear.

"Hmph." The woman scoffed. "I'm the warden of the dorm here -- dorm mother Fumio -- and if you don't impress me, you can bet you're sleeping outside."