Sette

After holding the hysterical Harumi in his arms for a few moments, chuckling sympathetically under his breath, he released her, but kept firm hands on her shoulders.

"I'm so sorry." She muttered once more through tear-filled eyes.

"Shush." Satoshi hushed her. "C'mon. Let's talk." Shutting the door behind him, he pushed her towards the wrinkled mattress. He pressed onto her shoulders, forcing her to sit down. "Sit, sit." He insisted as her shaky legs bent. He sat beside her as she folded her arms in her lap.

"Stop crying." He instructed with a frown, gently sliding his finger along the top of her cheek, catching fresh tears. He smiled encouragingly, but his blue eyes showed sadness. "I'm not going to leave you, no matter what, so I just want to talk with you."

The brunette dried the remainder of her tears.

"About what you said..."

"I'm sorry, I didn't-"

"No." He interrupted sternly. "I know you meant it. Knowing you, it was something weighing on your mind for a while and you didn't want to say anything because you are afraid of hurting me."

The girl seemed surprised at the fact that he knew so much without her saying a word.

"I know you better than you know yourself sometimes." He released a chuckle. "Even so, I could tell something was bothering you even before you were diagnosed, I just didn't know what and you wouldn't tell me."

"I'm sorry for hurting you." She muttered quietly.

But the boy shook his head, smiling sadly. "How you felt didn't hurt me. What hurt was when you refused to tell me what was going on and when you told me to 'leave you alone.'"

Harumi's heart churned with pain from seeing her friend upset.

"But at the same time, I guess I'm being a little selfish when I ask you to rely on me. I'm very aware that you're a mature young woman who is perfectly able to take care of herself without my help, but I still want to help you anyway." Satoshi took both of the girl's hands within his own, forcing her to focus on him. "I do these things because I love you, Harumi. So you just need to tell me what's going on and I can help, whether that means taking a step back and letting you go or not."

"I said all those negative things, but when I was angry, I couldn't focus on the positive, which greatly outnumbered the negative." She said with a tired rasp in the back of her throat. "I'm so grateful to you, Satoshi, which makes me regret getting so upset over something so... pathetic." She averted her sandy eyes, sighing uncomfortable. "I really am pathetic..."

"Don't say things like that." The boy frowned. "I've never once looked down on you. I've never pitied you or thought you were pathetic. I never looked at you as incompetent or as a joke." He gently caught her round cheek with his soft palm, showing her warm, loving cobalt eyes. "I've always admired you and thought you had qualities that I couldn't even hope to gain."

"Satoshi..." She trailed. "How in the world would someone like you admire me? I can't even hope to compare."

"But you are someone to be admired. Your smart, warm, and kind. The younger students surely look up to you." A cheesy grin spread across his lips. "Not to mention you're really pretty, too."

Harumi felt her cheeks warm as she blinked in surprise.

His expression softened as he gazed at her in an odd manner, making her feel slightly uncomfortable under his pressing blue orbs. "I love you, Harumi."

She looked away shyly, focusing on her fingers as her cheeks became redder.

The boy laughed to himself. "I don't think you really understand what I mean."