Quarto

The Polar Star first-year students returned to the dormitory -- each and every one made it through the infamous Totsuki Friendship and Rapport Training Camp. So, naturally, Satoshi planned to gather all of the students for a party.

Harumi was in the kitchen mixing a batter for chocolate chip cookies a few hours before the sun set.

A sudden pressure pressed into her waist, and she jumped in shock, releasing a squeal. With rapid breath, she set down the bowl and turned on her heel.

"Satoshi." She sighed with relief, catching her breath once again.

"You're really jumpy." The cheerful boy commented.

"I was just really focused. Why are you here?" She asked softly as she returned to mixing the batter.

He began to search through cupboards for ingredients as well as vegetables he had harvested that morning. "I wanted to make some snacks for the party. Why are you here?"

"The same reason."

His grin expressed his approval before he began to slice the vegetables. Harumi added more flower to the batter and transformed it into dough, kneading it with her delicate fingers. While she was gentle girl, the way she kneaded dough was nearly perfect.

She then rolled the dough into ellipsoid shapes, each mound exactly like the previous that she had rolled. When the cooking tray was filled, she scooped extra dough into her hand.

Sneakily, she approached her friend. Catching him off of his guard, she placed her cookie dough caked finger in front of his lips.

He blinked as his blue eyes digested what was going on. He grinned cheekily and brought her entire finger into his mouth.

"Eh?" The girl's cheeks reddened.

He laughed at her teasingly as he sucked the dough off of her finger, taking note of the softness of her finger-pads. Her face became as red as the tomatoes he had been cutting.

"W-what are you doing?" She stuttered shyly.

He released her finger. "You were offering that to me, right?"

"Y-yeah... but you could've just licked it off..." She pouted.

He shrugged, not particularly caring about how uncomfortable the girl felt.

"Do you want the rest of it?"

"Can you feed it to me?" He hummed with a song-like voice, raising a brow at the embarrassed girl.

"Eh?!"

"I'm joking!" He laughed heartily. "But yes, that was delicious, Harumi. I would love to have the rest of it."

She returned to where the bowl of dough was, but felt overwhelmed with a sudden wave of exhaustion that she had never felt before. She felt weak, and the air in her body left her for a moment. She supported her weight on her arms, pressing into the counter as she regained her breath.

"Harumi, are you alright?" Satoshi narrowed his gaze at the girl as she shook off the odd feeling.

"Huh?" She blinked. "Oh, yeah. I'm fine."

"Hm." He joined her at her side and placed his hand on her forehead. "You look really pale. Are you sure you're feeling alright?"

"I've been having these episodes since I got back. I'm okay, I promise." She smiled with assurance.

"Alright." He sighed in defeat. "But if you feel like something's wrong, make sure you let me know, okay?" He appeared worried, despite her words.

"I will." She nodded. "Do you mind taking the cookies out of the oven when they're done? I'm going to go take a nap."