Chapter 7: Another Long Night

Jim Kirk was a regular in the sickbay. No one was truly surprised to see him in here. Naomi was still astounded by what had happened. Is this why he kept getting hurt? Someone was out to get him, to hurt him.

"Naomi! What happened?" Sabina asked, running into the sickbay. Naomi didn't know what to do or who to call. Police wanted to question her before she could help Jim. Just to make sure she wasn't the on who hurt him.

"We were out at dinner. And I went outside. And Jim was just being beat up in the alley. This man was standing over him. I never got his face. I was just...... I was just so scared." Naomi muttered started to cry. Only now she noticed that her dress had blood on it. Jim's blood.

"It's okay. He'll be okay." Sabina muttered, pulling her into a hug. It's like the blood didn't matter.

"I don't know if he will be! Someone's after him, Sabina. I know it." Naomi muttered, her eyes crazed. Shaking, she sat down and put her hands on her head.

A pair of strong arms wrapped around her from her back. She moved away to look at who it was. Leonard McCoy stood behind the chair.

"He'll be okay. He's unconscious and lost quite a bit of blood. He has a pretty bad concussion, but nothing he won't recover from." Leonard said, hugging Naomi again. "I'm sorry you had to go through that."

"Can I see him?" Naomi asked, wiping tears from her face.

"Not until the police interrogate you. You're a suspect for assault right now." Leonard reminded her, kissing her forehead. "I'll stay with him. I know how much he means to you."

"Thank you." Naomi muttered before a policemen came to interrogate her.

He led her to a small room. Another officer stood behind a desk. Admiral Pike was seated in one chair behind the desk. The admiral was one of the main people in Star Fleet, destined to be a captain. The officer that brought her in, forced her into a chair opposite of Pike. He took his seat beside Pike.

"Ms. Reither, we don't wish you any harm, pain (emotional or physical), or discomfort if you are feeling that. This is just a standard interrogation." The officer that was in the room before stated.

Naomi nodded. "Okay, now, what happened to Jim Kirk?" The officer asked.

"We were on a date." Naomi started, breathing deeply. This pained for than she could say. "He paid the check and went outside. I had stayed inside to go to the bathroom. When I walked out, I heard someone crying I pain. I heard contact of skin on skin. I ran around the alley to see this man standing over Jim. He had been beating Jim. I had frozen in place, I didn't know what to do. The man had a knife. He struck Jim with his fist once on the head, and the with the butt of the knife. That's all I know. I then called emergency transport and we came here."

"Okay. Okay. Do you know who this man is?" The first officer, the one that brought Naomi, asked.

"No. He was relatively big, bigger than Jim, but about similar size. Just muscular big. He was wearing a hoodie and I never saw his face or hair." Naomi explained, shuttering at the memory.

"Ms. Reither, did this man have any tattoos?" Pike asked, stepping into the interrogation.

"Now that I think of it, he did have a scar or a tattoo on his left hand. It was about an inch big. Pretty distinct. It was a dark color I think. It was hard to tell outside at night." Naomi muttered, thinking harder.

"That's all for now. Thank you miss." The second officer said, motioning towards the door.

"Wait, can I see him?" Naomi asked before exiting. They all nodded, smiling kindly at her. "Thank you." She muttered before walking over to Jim's room.