Chapter 26: More to Tell

*Jim and Naomi have known each other for seven months and three weeks. They've been engaged for three days.*

Naomi and Jim were going to the Academy to tell Bones and Kayden about the engagement. They were meeting Bones for lunch and then going to Kayden's dorm to hang out. They would stay at their apartment for a couple days.

They went to the restaurant and met Bones. He was sitting at a table, fidgeting with his hand. "Okay, I don't get any contact from you two for two weeks. Now I have a question, why?" Bones asked as soon as they sat down.

"Sorry." They both grumbled.

"The police didn't want us to have too much contact with friends." Jim explained. "Sorry."

"I was just messing with you, but thank for the clarification." Bones answered. "So what's up?"

"Well, we got engaged." Naomi said, holding out her right hand for him to see the ring. Bones' eyes widened, his mouth falling open.

"You're what?!" He asked, astounded.

"We are engaged, getting married." Jim said, trying to snap Bones out of his trance.

"What?!" Bones asked, still shocked.

"Bones, honey, come back to Earth." Naomi said, snapping her fingers in front of his face.

"What." He muttered, sitting back. A waiter came to take your orders. Jim ordered for Bones.

"Okay, seriously, snap out of it." Jim said, slapping the side of Bones' face.

"I have an idea." Naomi said. She moved over by Bones. She turned his head to face her before kissing him. Bones instantly snapped out of it and pushed her away.

"Are you crazy?!? You're engaged!?" He yelled, squishing himself against the wall.

"I needed to wake you up from a trance." Naomi said, moving over beside Jim again.

"There's one other thing." Jim said, looking down at his hands.

"Oh my God, she's pregnant." Bones muttered.

"No! No! Why does everyone assume that!" Naomi exclaimed, leaning back into the chair.

"I want you to be best man!" Jim said, trying to shake off his comment.

"Oh. Good." Bones laughed before freezing again.

"Oh dear god, not again." Naomi muttered hanging her head.

Bones had gotten over it and agreed to be best man. Jim and Naomi now had to tell Kayden.

They went to his dorm and walked inside. His roommate was currently out, but Kayden was playing video games.

"So Kayden." Naomi started, picking up a control.

"Yeah." He asked, barely taking his eyes off of the game. Whenever Kayden started playing a video game, there was no stopping him.

"Jim and I are engaged to get married." Naomi said, starting as a second player.

"That's nice." Kayden muttered, still looking at the game.

Jim looked at Naomi and smiled. He sat behind her and watched her play the game.

"Do you want to be a groomsmen?" Jim asked, putting his hand on Kayden's shoulder.

"Sure." Kayden muttered. "Wait, why would I be a groomsman?"

"Jim and I are getting married in about a month. We haven't set the day yet." Naomi said, laughing at how clueless Kayden was.

"Oh my god." He muttered, hugging both of you. "Good luck." He muttered before going back to the game.

"See you later." Naomi said, kissing Kayden's cheek.

Jim and Naomi left to go back to the apartment.

"Kayden took it much better than Bones." Jim pointed out, walking into the apartment.

"Yeah. Bones was kinda insane." Naomi said, sitting down on the couch.

"He's come to terms." Jim added, sitting beside her. He wrapped his arm around her and pulled her close.

"I can't believe it's like a month until we are married." Naomi pointed out.

"It's unbelievable." Jim muttered, kissing her cheek.