(10)

The Original Bad Boy

Chapter Ten…

I don’t know what got me so riled up to be honest, I don’t know if it was the fact that I knew that it was annoying me or if it was me being wondering why I’m so bothered by it.

I thrust the covers off of my face and the light streaming in from the window hit me and I turned away from the light. I slipped out of bed with a groan and changed into an over-sized denim shirt matched with black leggings and tottered off downstairs.

I entered into the kitchen to find Damon hunched slightly over the counter with a glass of something, probably alcoholic, in front of him.

“Little early for drinks don’t you think,” I said to him as I took the milk out of the fridge.

“It’s 11am Harley, seize the day and all that,”

“Touché,”

“And it’s just warming up for the rest of the day,” he replied as he took a look sip and then refilled his glass.

“That’s the spirit, Damon,”

I put the milk in front of Damon and took away the bottle in front of him and took a swig out of it. By the taste of it I wasn’t surprised that I had just drunk bourbon.  I sat down on one of the high chairs around the table when I heard footsteps coming through the hallway and it didn’t take a genius to work out who it was, they were too dainty to be Stefan’s so there was only one other person.

“What are you doing here?” I asked with venom laced through my words. Bethany stopped in between where me and Damon were and looked over the kitchen and then focused her attention back on me.

“I just thought I’d pop in for a visit, I have missed you, you ‘know,” she tried to explain.

“Well, a visit is normally a couple of hours not the whole night and you also have a funny way of showing how much you missed me,” I bit back at her.

“How do you know I stayed the night,” she asked as she folded her arms.

“You have my bed shirt on, can’t get more obvious than that,” I said before taking another drink from the bottle.

“If you weren’t here I could’ve just slipped out with it on and no one would’ve noticed,”

“Are you dumber than you look?” Damon said to her, as she poured herself a glass of milk.

“And you’re not as bad as you’re made out to be,”

“Wow, you really as dumb as you look,” He stole the bottle from my hands a poured himself a large one and then passed me it back.

“You really haven’t been here long enough have you?” I fired at her.