(29)

The Original Bad Boy 

Chapter Twenty Nine

FLASHBACK

MAY 8TH 1994 

Portland, Oregon

Harley's POV

I've waited over an hour now and there's still no sign of him.

I'm sat in a little diner just off of the main street called Red's and I've looked at the menu front and back about 20 times.

The waitress is leaning on the counter looking over at me and the empty seat opposite me, she's probably looking at me with pity and thinking my friend had stood me up.

If only if was just my friend, I thought to myself.

He's never late, it's just not like him.

In the whole almost year I've known him he's almost been too on time the whole time.

I pull out my phone and check there's no missed calls or anything, which is also unlike him.

I sigh loudly and go to grab my things before I feel a hand snake around my waist and the other one cover over my eyes.

"You're late," I moan at him unimpressed.

"Are your eyes closed?"

"Yes, I can't see anything," I sighed back.

As he removed his hand from my eyes I saw a beautiful bouquet of flowers sat in front of me on the table.

A mixture of my favourite flowers; lilies, rose and gypsophila.

A smile creeps up onto my face, I suppose he could be forgiven this once.

He leans his head on my shoulder facing towards the flowers as I reach up and cup his face with my hand.

"Happy early birthday," he whispered as he kissed shoulder and I leaned around to face him and kiss him on the lips back.

"Thank you but my birthday isn't until next week!" I smiled back.

He backed away and moved over to the other side of the table to take a seat, I moved the flowers to the other end of the table so there was space between us.

"You're welcome, but I have bigger things in plan for then,"

"Oh really? Can I have a clue as a sorry for you being late to dinner?" I teased.

"I'm sorry I was late I just had some family stuff to sort out,"

"How is it going with your family?" I asked carefully.

Kai had some family issues, I had met his brothers and sisters but only seen his father from afar.

He never really seemed happy at that place, I've always said if he's not happy we can go wherever he wants but he's always insisted on staying for some reason.

I guess he was protective over his siblings, a lot of them were younger and I never saw his father around them much.

He never mentioned being very close to either of his parents, but it was a miracle how twins ran in their family so much. Just as he was about to respond the waitress came over and interrupted us.