chapter 2

Ro POV

I woke up cause I started getting hungry I looked at the time, it was 2:30 and Lisa was still not home yet. I got up and made my way down Stairs to the kitchen. Then the door opened Lisa walked in drunk as ever. This happens all the time. I just ignored her and went to fix me something to eat.

"Man why the fuck you didn't cook dinner!!" She said walking over to me and grabbed me by arm which was really sore.

" i-im sorry babe I forgot" I said. She slapped me so hard to where I fell to the floor.

" the fuck you mean you forgot, bitch!!" Then she started punching and kicking me until she got tired. All I could do is lay there and cry. After she was done she went upstairs and slammed the door. I just layed there and cried myself to sleep.

Next morning

I woke up to Lisa kicking me in my stomach.

"Get the fuck up and make me some breakfast" she said then went and sat on the couch and turned on the TV. I got up and walk to the kitchen. My body was hurting so bad. I just wanted to cry, but if she hear me crying she'll beat me again. After I finished making breakfast, I made her a plate and gave it to her. She snatched it out of my hand and started eating. she lucky I didn't put rat poison in it. I went up stairs to the bathroom and did my hygiene. I looked in the mirror and my right eye was black, and my lip was busted and swollen. I went back downstairs and Lisa was gone. I knew she wasn't gonna be back until late at night. I decide to get ready and go to the store to put more food in the house. After I got ready I put my sunglasses on, grabbed my keys and headed out.

At the store

While I was getting some chicken, I bumped into a girl with that was light skin, pixie cut hair and pretty eyes. She was beautiful.

" s-sorry I didn't see you there"

" its okay" she said with a smile. Then she started starin at me

" umm are you okay?"

" yes I'm fine.. Why?

" just making sure. I'm tionne by the way"she says as she put her hand out for me to shake.

" I'm rozanda" I shook her hand

" nice to meet you"

We started talking, we exchanged numbers and went our separate ways. After I was done shopping I headed back home.

Tionne POV

When i was driving back home all i can think about was rozanda. Its something about her. I wanted to ask her what happened to her lip and why is she wearing sunglasses in the store. I think something is wrong with her and I wanna help her.