Chapter 1

Above is Nolan Gerard Funk, he plays Tommy. This is the start of Staking Claim, what you all have been begging for, and as I recently stated some details may change. I hope you guys like it. Comment, Vote, Follow! -AwkwardTeen 

 It was Monday.  It was in the middle of winter, and it was Monday. The air puffed out of my mouth in ugly white puffs. I sighed, rubbing my hands together quickly as I hurried into the school. My book bag slapped against my tiny frame with every step I took. Angel was already at Mrs. Hopes, my best friends Aunt. He was in a mood this morning, making it extreamly difficult for me to make it on time to school. 

  Angel was my little brother, I obtained full custody after our parents died in a crash two years ago. The court didn't really want to break up to grieving brothers, so we lived with our grandmother until I turned eighteen. Maw Maw had died just a few weeks later, leaving us her apartment and all her money.

I pushed my way through the crowd, sighing when I finally made it to my locker. My best friend, Gage, was already at my locker. "Brody take you to school?" I asked, spinning my combination. Gage was just a few inches taller then me with short brown hair and blue eyes, you know the pretty boy type. He leaned closer to me, his sculpted eyebrow raised, "No he got grounded remember?"

"Oh... yeah." I mumbled, shrugging off my bag. Gage gave me a concered look, "Is everything okay?"

"Everything's fine, just haven't been getting the best sleep. Keep thinking about all the bills. Angel's gotten it in his head that we don't have enough money to keep the lights on so he insits we keep them off at all times." I ran my fingers through my hair. I didn't have enough time to style it this morning so it laid flat against my forehead; I grimaced at it.

"Are you guys having trouble? My mom and I can help, you know Aunt Hope will do anything for you guys."

"We are okay Gage, just stressed I guess. Worrying over nothing. I still have plenty of money from Maw Maw's trust that she left us." I explained. Gage nodded, "If you say so, but if it does start to become to much, tell me okay?"

"Okay."

Gage's focus turned somewhere else, or should I say, to someone else. Brody McCormick was walking down the hall, his best friend Tate Michaels, by his side. Brody was Gage's boyfriend, they'd been together for about a year. Brody was perfect for Gage in every way; when Gage needed someone soft, Brody was soft, when he needed someone to be firm, Brody was firm. Whatever Gage needed, Brody was it. They were that forever couple that everyone envied. Tate and Brody have been best friends since birth. Their fathers grew up together which of course meant their sons would too. And wherever I was, Gage was, and wherever Gage was, Brody was, and wherever Brody was, Tate was. Which meant Tate was in my life a lot.

Which kind of sucked.

Not because I hated him or anything; It's because I liked him a little to much. Tate Michaels was the guy of my dreams, the sexiest man I have ever laid my eyes on, he's exactly what I wanted, but was someone I would never get.

"Hey babe." Brody wrapped an arm around Gage, smacking a loud kiss on his cheek. I shook my head, clearing my thoughts quickly. Tate stopped by me, his arm coming up just behind my head as he leaned against the neighboring locker. "You okay?" He asked. I shivered at the sound of his voice. I nodded, not trusting my own voice to crack. Gage gave me a knowing look.

"What were guys talking about?" Brody asked curiously, raising his fist to bump it against mine. Gage leaned into Brody, "Just how Tommy isn't sleeping enough." Gage singled me out. I felt Tate move closer to me. I closed my locker after shoving my bag inside, then leaned my back against it. Tate raised his eyebrow, "How come?" He demanded. I shrugged, slinking down lower into my jacket when Tate gave me 'the look'.

"It's not a big deal. I have a lot on my plate these past few years. It's normal to have an irregular sleep schedule once in a while." Tate didn't believe me. "Is it money problems? If you are running low I can give you some-"

"It's not money." I snapped, "I have enough money. There's nothing wrong."

"Obviously there's something wrong if you're not sleeping." Tate stubbornly pointed out. I crossed my arms, huffing when he didn't give up. "Leave it alone Tate." I grumbled.

"Not a chance Tommy." I sighed, for what felt like the thousandth time, giving up, "I haven't really been feeling so comfortable sleeping by myself. I just have been having weird dreams and when I wake up I don't remember them, but I feel uncomfortable when I wake up. I don't know why. I try to sleep very little so I don't feel like that.." I explained. Gage looked at me, "Why didn't you say anything. I would have stayed over with you."

"You can't stay the night all the time Gage."

"He can't but I can." I whipped my head towards Tate, "What?"

"I've been talking to my parents about moving out on my own. I'm eighteen, I want to independent and they said it was cool but I had to find a place on my own. You have a three bedroom apartment. I could move in with you and Angel. I make good money at the Mechanics Shop, I could help with groceries and rent."

"That's crazy Tate." I said.

"Think about it Tommy. It's a win win. I can help pay for things. I can watch Angel when Hope can't. You don't have to take care of him all on your own. I'm game to help." Tate stood up straight.

"It's a good idea. This could help both of you." Brody chirped.

"Tommy, just think about it. When you have these dreams, maybe me being there will help soothe you better. C'mon I promise I'll be a great roommate." Tate grinned when my shoulders fell down. He knew he won. "I'm not making this decision. I'll leave it up to Angel. If you don't have to work tonight you can stop by around five to ask him." I concluded.

The bell rang, interrupting our heated conversation. Tate was absolutely sure of himself, "That'll be easy. Angel loves me." I groaned, he was right, Angel absolutely adored Tate. I already knew Tate would be living with me by the end of the week. Great. Just freaking great.

"I'll see you at five." Tate smirked, bumping me with his shoulder before walking down the hall to his own locker. I looked over at Brody and Gage, " I don't like either of you right now." I stated childishly. Both men grinned at me before walking off. I turned around, facing my locker. With another loud groan I let my head hit my locker, ignoring everything around me.

How the hell am I supposed to live with a man I was so hopelessly in love with?

Hey guys, finally got the first chapter done. Not exactly sure how it turned out but I hope you all like it. I hope it makes since. I know it's been a long time since I promised to turn this into a real story, but hopefully this was worth the wait. Hope you all enjoyed. VOTE, COMMENT, FOLLOW, and SHARE.

         -AwkwardTeen