Chapter 5

Okay guys here is chapter 5 of Staking Claim. I'm gunna be honest with you guys and say that I don't really have the motivation to continue on with this story and actually make it into a book like I originally planned. I've been thinking about making into a short story. This will probably be the last chapter unless I decide other wise. I'm sorry I just have so much going on right now with getting ready to leave for college and saying my goodbyes to my family and friends. I will try and make this a really good ending for Tate and Tommy.

    Tate stood in front of me still. His eyes were wide, reflecting shock. I don't think I'd ever seen him this quiet. "I shouldn't have told you.... I'm sorry. I- I understand if you want to move out and never speak to me again. But please don't leave before saying goodbye to Angel. It would kill him if he couldn't say goodbye." I could feel the tears welling up in my eyes so I looked down so Tate wouldn't see. My hands were shaking uncontrollably and a sob ripped through my body without permission. Tate was suddenly in front of me, his hands gripping my cheeks. He forced my face up, his thumbs rubbing away the tears that had escaped. "I'm not going anywhere Tommy. The one person whose ever made me feel a different kind of love for someone admitted that he was in love with me... Why would I ever leave?"

I shook my head, pushing Tate's hands away from me, "What the hell are you talking about?" I was on the verge of screaming, I could barely keep calm. Tate grabbed my hands, pinning them against his chest, "You have always made me feel different than everyone else has. All those girls at school didn't matter because I was always paying attention to you, not them. When I first started to noticed how different things were between you and me, I was confused and... mad. I couldn't understand why you were always on my mind. Why did this annoyingly stubborn, strong, independent guy have my attention like this? All this time I've been trying to figure out these feelings that I have; moving in with you, getting as close to you as possible, trying to earn your trust. All of that was me trying to figure you out and why you had my attention. I still don't know why but I do know that I don't care anymore. You just said you loved me, you said that I made you fall in love with me; that's all I care about." Tate leaned down closer to me, his breath fanning out around my face.

    "What are you saying Tate?" I asked, my heart beating faster than ever. I could feel the hope bubbling up in my chest, but I tried to keep it suppressed. It was hard, but I managed, barely. Tate rolled his eyes at me, a small smirk playing on his face, "I can't believe that you are this oblivious Tommy." And before I could say anything back, Tate had leaned all the way down towards me, his lips pressing down hard on my own. His hands slid down from mine to my arms to my waist. He pulled me tight against his chest, causing me to gasp. Tate took the opportunity to deepen our kiss, his tongue brushing mine playfully. I ran my hands up from his chest to wrap around his neck loosely. I pulled Tate closer, walking backwards until we fell onto my bed, Tate's weight crushing me perfectly into the sheets. I groaned, running my fingers through the short hairs at the nape of his neck. Tate grinned against my lips, tickling my bottom lip with his tongue. We kissed for what felt like hours before we pulled apart. I was panting but Tate contained from my lips to my jaw, kissing, licking, and sucking on any skin he could reach. I let him for a few minutes before pushing at his shoulders. Tate got the message and leaned up off me, resting his weight on his forearms. "What's wrong?"

    "We should talk about this Tate." I said. Tate let his head hang down, before looking back at me, "Like we did not five minutes ago? I thought we already talked about this." He tried to lean back down to kiss me but I moved my head, causing him to kiss my cheek instead, "No you talked, said some stuff about your feeling then kissed me. That's it."

"Exactly! What else is there to talk about?" Tate asked, a puzzled look on his face. I rolled my eyes, pushing at him to get off of me, "Get up. I can't talk to you seriously like this." Tate scrambled off of me, allowing me to move to the top of my bed, leaning against my back board. Tate sat down in front of me, his hand immediately going towards my foot, tracing my ankle bone with his thumb, "Okay fine. Let's talk." Tate nodded at me to go ahead. I took a deep breath for starting, "Do you have feeling for me?"