My Name is

I've been overwhelmed for nearly a month, he hasn't shown himself and I don't even recall half the conversation we had.

Making my way back to the computer, I sit down and try to figure out the next word search I should conduct.

I've gone a bit crazy ever since I met that beautiful man outside. He knew my name and had a barcode just as I did.

I couldn't control myself since I let him walk away I've been cooped up in the library in hopes of figuring out what a barcode could possibly mean?

I know I was born with mine and I kept assuming that maybe I was a bit off my rockers and his barcode was just a tattoo but something told me it wasn't.

It just seemed odd that his was identical to mine and it just so happened to be located on the back of his neck.

Sure I guess I shouldn't be as interested since beneath his barcode was a number. Mine never had one.

When I was born it was just there. My mom told me that during her pregnancy she would go to get ultra sounds and each time my neck would glow an electric blue colour. They claimed it was a glitch in the system...but how many glitches could you have?

Anyway when I was born the doctors were confused because I had a strange mark on my neck which eventually evened out to be a barcode.

I remember my dad telling me that I reminded him of a barbie at the toys store. They also had barcodes on them. When I was younger I was ecstatic at the idea of possibly being part barbie! My dad even tried telling me that I was a life sized barbie and I believed him.

The kids at school always questioned it and sometimes we'd get a phone call home from my teachers thinking that my parents forced me to go and get a tattoo. It was quite entertaining. I guess I never thought nothing of it. So what? A girl with a barcode.

I grew into it, I grew to love the mark and eventually began telling people my barcode meant "Life". I made it up myself honestly, never knew what it meant but since I had it in my mothers womb and still have it now, it's been with me; On me..for all my life so to me it means "life".

It might be strange but for the past few weeks I've been on google for what feels like an eternity. Trying to find something, anything to give a little bit of hope in finding the man I saw that night.

So far I've hit many dead ends but I did come across one article that caught my attention

                       BARCODE TATTOO

       A young girl was recently found laying face down in a well. She has been identified as Alice Louise and her parents have been in complete shock refusing to give statements.

Alice had no other siblings but she had a cousin by the name of George. He was the one that had seen Alice last before her body was discovered.

No leads on the homicide but it seems some evidence is being brought up. Alice had a imprinted barcode on her neck and detectives say this might be a clue to find her killer.

She has a printed number beneath her barcode and investigators believe it might be the murderers signature.

No further details as of now.

We pay our respects to the Louise family as its been a terribly hard time for them.

  Shutting the computer off, I sit back and rub my hands over my eyes.

I'm so exhausted and so confused I can't put the pieces together. Who was that man?

Alice must've had the barcode tattooed if the detectives believe it's coming from the murderer.

Her parents aren't willing to talk and I'm not sure why.

I've been considering, should I follow any possible direction towards answers I got?

It seemed only right because as of now all I've come across is dead Alice and I needed more.

AUTHORS NOTE:
Sorry the chapter is short. They will get longer as the story continues to progress!