[11] Puppy love

Phil entered the apartment he and Dan shared when he heard...barking?

Confused, he put down the bag of groceries and headed to the source of the sound.

"Dan?" He called out, entering Dan's room.

"Yes, welcome back home. How was grocery shopping?" Dan said, lying on his mess of a bed.

"It was good...um did you hear barking just now?" Phil asked and Dan shook his head.

"Hm must be the neighbors I think, but our apartment doesn't allow pets so maybe they're pet sitting?" Dan said and Phil shrugged, "Probably."

Phil couldn't get the fact that Dan looked suspicious but he just shrugged it off.

"Oh by the way, you might want to clean up your bed." Phil suggested.

Suddenly, his blankets started moving.

"What?" Phil asked and pulled away Dan's blankets to find a puppy lying under it.

"DAN!" Phil exclaimed.

"I'm sorry! I meant to tell you later but I just found her wandering outside the streets and I just had to keep her." Dan pulled a sad face.

Phil sighed, exasperated, "We can't keep her, it's not that I don't want to but we're just not allowed too."

Before Dan could reply, the puppy suddenly barked happily and tried to jump off Dan's bed but instead, got tangled in the sheets.

"Arf?" The puppy barked, confused.

Phil's insides melted and he cradled the puppy up, petting her fur.

"She is cute..." Phil admitted and the puppy barked back in reply as if saying "hell yeah I am"

Phil giggled and stroked the puppy. Maybe they should keep her after all.

~~~

"DAN THE LANDLORD IS COMING, HIDE SUSAN." Phil whisper shouted and Dan groaned.

"We're not calling her Susan, Phil."

Phil ignored Dan and tried to distract the landlord from any puppy possibilities while Dan tried his best to keep Susan quiet.

"Shush girl." Dan whispered, covering Susan's mouth while she wriggled around and tried to escape his grip.

After a lot of struggling, the landlord left without suspecting anything and Dan didn't have to hold down Susan anymore.

"SHE BIT ME!" Dan complained to Phil and he started laughing.

"Oh, the next time the landlord comes over, you're going to be the one making sure she stays quiet." Dan grumbled and cleaned himself up.

~~~

Dan and Phil originally meant to watch an innocent movie, until Dan started cuddling Phil and it lead to an intense make out session.

Dan was lying on top of Phil, leaving Phil with swollen lips when he suddenly felt an extra weight on his back and a curious bark.

Susan was standing on Dan's back, wondering why her two owners were practically sucking each other's faces off.

Dan unwillingly broke their kiss and picked Susan up so that she wouldn't be standing uncomfortably on his back when she started licking Dan's face.

"Eugh Susan, not now!" Dan laughed and placed Susan back on the floor and she scampered off somewhere else to play.

"Now, where were we?" Dan smirked and started to lean in towards Phil when Phil pushed Dan away.

"God, I'm definitely not gonna kiss you anymore when you have dog saliva all over your face." Phil laughed and Dan pouted.

"DAMMIT SUSAN, YOU RUINED THE MOOD!" Dan jokingly cursed and Phil laughed even harder.

Phil definitely did not regret allowing Dan to keep Susan in the apartment because in the end, they created so many meaningful memories and they're lives definitely got a lot brighter with that bundle of fur around.

~~~